Thursday, October 8, 2020

This 'n That Thursdays: Tasty Treats That I Am Enjoying This Fall

From Cooking Melangery

Now that autumn has officially arrived, I thought I would share I few products I have been enjoying as the weather cools down.  Let's start off with a nice cup of tea:

When the weather gets chilly, I like to have a cup of hot tea in the afternoon or evening, but I prefer decaf tea later in the day.  Recently I discovered Harney & Sons Decaffeinated Vanilla Comoro Tea, which has a deliciously smooth and creamy vanilla flavor that tastes slightly sweet even though it contains no sweetener.  This tea has become my favorite decaf version, and I am sure I will be drinking it frequently all the way through winter!


I no longer add sweetener to my tea, but I do still like to add a splash of non-dairy creamer.  Unfortunately, my favorite unsweetened almond milk creamer seems to have been discontinued.  I do not care for coconut milk-based creamers, but I did find Califia Farms Unsweetened Oatmilk Creamer which is quite good.  It is creamier than the almond milk creamer I was using and has a slightly sweeter taste even though it is not sweetened and is surprisingly low in carbs.  I hope this product stays on the market forever!


If you read my blog, then you know that I have been making a lot of zucchini recipes lately, including zucchini bread.  Now that fall is here, seasonal hummus flavors have appeared in the grocery stores, including Boar's Head Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus.  This hummus is the perfect flavor for spreading on homemade zucchini bread, and is a healthier choice than butter or cream cheese.  I wonder how it would taste on pumpkin bread?  I will definitely have to give that a try when I am finally out of zucchini and can bake other types of quick breads!


I saw this Oui by Yoplait Apple Pie Yogurt in a local supermarket not long ago and decided I just had to give it a try.  I am glad I did, because it is quite tasty as well as relatively low-carb (I try to look for foods with less than 20 grams of carbs per serving).  This flavor is a limited edition one, so if you see it pick it up while you can. 

Even though the weather is getting cooler, we still occasionally get some very warm days.  While I do not eat ice cream very often, I discovered Mexican-style ice cream bars in here in Santa Fe and find them to be the perfect occasional warm weather treat.  My favorite flavor is Helados Mexico Butter Pecan Paletas but there are so many other flavors that I have not yet tried (I do know that the coconut flavor is also very good!).

I could not end this post without mentioning my very favorite tea flavor, which I have been enjoying ever since I first started drinking tea as an undergraduate in college.  Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Black Tea can always be found in my tea pantry, and the sweet warming spiciness of cinnamon is especially appropriate as an autumn flavor.  I have tried many cinnamon teas over the years, and I still consider the Bigelow's version to be the best by far.

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

I hope you are as excited about the arrival of fall as I am, and that you too are finding new autumnal treats to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment