Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wish List Wednesdays: Modern Comfort Food: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten

 

One of my favorite cookbook authors is Ina Garten, so you can bet I was quick to order my copy of her latest offering, Modern Comfort Food: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook ($21.00 on Amazon) as soon as it became available.  As is her way, Ms. Garten has taken beloved and familiar recipes that bring comfort to many and tweaked them just enough to make them even more special without detracting from their original cozy intent.  I am already picking out the recipes I need to try, especially when wintry weather arrives (which may be less than a week away if the forecast holds!).

For breakfast, the Smashed Eggs on Toast sounds like a great Sunday morning breakfast option.  The Kielbasa with Mustard Dip is listed under the appetizers chapter, but I would happily eat this for lunch or even a light dinner.  Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Split Pea Soup with Crispy Kielbasa, and Creamy Tomato Bisque are all on my list to make, as is the Ultimate Tuna Melts recipe.  And I haven't even made my selections from the dinner section of the book yet!  A few recipes from the book are posted here on the Barefoot Contessa website as a preview of what to expect.

If you are as much a fan of Ina Garten's recipes as I am, I highly recommend this newest cookbook - you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment