May 7th is National Teacher Day!

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #37

I bought these inexpensive plastic jack o' lanterns to add a bit more Halloween décor to the house; the spooky one at the top glares out a window facing our entry door, while the smiling one at the bottom sits in the living room next to the fireplace.

This past week I only had to go into town once for my essentials shopping trip, which is a good thing because COVID-19 cases in New Mexico are spiking alarmingly, including here in Santa Fe.  I always wear my KN95 mask when I go into town and try to minimize the amount of time I spend in the stores, but so does just about everyone else (I never see anyone in town not wearing a mask), so it is worrisome that the number of cases just seems to keep going up anyway.  Temperatures are finally cooling down, but not so much that people feel inclined to stay indoors - the weather is actually very pleasant right now.  I suppose it could be that more people are gathering in large groups socially, because they are tired of being isolated all the time.  Anyway, I just hope that not very many people end up needing to be hospitalized - we have had less than a dozen COVID-19 fatalities in Santa Fe, and I hope the number does not increase!

On a less ominous note, here is the outfit I wore into town.  It was cool enough to need a jacket in the morning, but by afternoon my short-sleeved sweater was plenty warm enough:

Clockwise from top left: Tibetan Turquoise Turtle Pendant (similar to mine); Independent Trading Company Lightweight Zip Hooded Sweatshirt in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); K. Bell Women's Swedish Horses Crew Socks in Black (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Rachel Comey Norm Straight-Leg Jeans in Khaki (similar to my much less expensive pair); Merona Women's Short Sleeve Sweater in Teal (image darkened to more closely resemble my similar sweater).

👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜👞👜

I promise that one of these days I will switch to a different purse and shoes, but I just happen to be one of those women who prefers to stick with whatever is comfortable and practical, even if it means always wearing the same shoes and carrying the same bag all the time!  The shoes are actually my second pair of the same brand - I wore out the first pair, and now this pair is starting to show signs of wear.  My purse is also deteriorating (the zipper no longer works reliably) so at some point I will be forced to replace both purse and shoes whether I like it or not.  I hope you are enjoying beautiful fall weather right now, and are staying safe and healthy while doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment