Sunday, October 25, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #38

I'm afraid I will be bidding a fond farewell to my fast-fading fall flowers after today. 😞

Last week our unusually warm fall weather continued, although a definite chill was noticeable in the mornings.  I made one trip into town to pick up a prescription for my old dog Ruby, and I took the opportunity to shop for a few items I forgot to get during my essentials shopping trip the week before.  It was warm enough for a short-sleeved t-shirt, but I needed a lightweight cardigan in the morning as well as in the overly air-conditioned stores.  I finally got to wear a fun belt I bought at Walmart a while ago.  It is festooned with butterflies in muted colors, including blues and browns, and was the inspiration for my entire outfit:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Pima Cotton Short-Sleeve Crewneck Tee in Light Ocean (similar to mine); Banana Republic Women's Cropped Cardigan Sweater in Deep Brown (similar to mine); HawaiianIsleGifts Koa Wood Beads Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Hue Women's Jean Socks in Espresso (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Old Navy Women's Mid-Rise Boyfriend Straight Jeans in Light Wash (sold out); Walmart Embroidered Butterfly Belt (no longer available in store).

 ❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️☁️❄️

Tonight an arctic blast of weather moves into our area, complete with snow.  I think my days of wearing short-sleeved t-shirts are over for the year - from now on it is long-sleeved shirts and/or sweaters!  I have mixed feelings about losing my vegetable garden to the hard freeze headed our way.  I have enjoyed the abundance of fresh produce, but I will not miss the twice-daily waterings the plants required.  On the plus side, I will now have more time for indoor chores, so maybe I can finally finish some projects that I have been putting off for months.  Stay warm, everyone, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment