Sunday, October 11, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #36

 

Once again I missed posting last week and will be covering two weeks in one post today.  But before I start describing my outfits, I thought I would share an image of the cheerful and only slightly spooky Halloween décor I created for my kitchen.  The flowers and striped pumpkin are from the grocery store, but the two tiny orange pumpkins (one on the right and the other on the left just visible behind the striped pumpkin) are from my garden.  Believe it or not, these pumpkins were supposed to be the huge jack o' lantern type, but for some reason (possibly the extreme heat and dryness of this summer) they ended up being miniatures!  I have had the yellow vase for years, but the little ghost vase can be purchased here, and the acacia wood tray is available here.

But now let's talk about apparel!  This first outfit is the one I wore two weeks ago to go to the post office to mail in my absentee ballot (don't forget to vote, everyone!) and then run a quick errand in town.  Our weather has been unusually warm for this time of year, but it was actually a bit chilly that morning so I even had to wear a lightweight cardigan early in the day!

Clockwise from top left: Brighton Enchanted Garden Dragonfly Necklace in Silver-Multi (similar to mine); Torrid Navy Slub Open Front Cardigan in Peacoat (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Denim Blue; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Mid-Rise Baggy Straight Jean in Light Wash (similar to mine); Polo Ralph Lauren Striped Short Sleeve Jumper in Blue Multi (similar to mine).

Later that week I went into town on a warm afternoon for my essentials shopping trip, and this is the outfit I wore that day:

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tee in White (color no longer available - similar here); Sterling Silver Horse Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available);Wigwam CoolMax Liner Crew Socks in White (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; St. John's Bay Womens Mid Rise Straight Leg Jean in Medium (similar to mine); Women's Faux Leather Skinny Belt in Pink (similar to mine).

Last week I made only one quick trip into town to pick up some items for my horse.  It was another warm afternoon, so I repeated the t-shirt and jeans theme for my outfit of the week:

Clockwise from top left: Duluth Trading Company Women's Lightweight Longtail T Slub Scoopneck in Royal Purple Heather (similar to mine); OrangeKnot Purple and Silver Seed Bead Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available);Wigwam CoolMax Liner Crew Socks in White (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Mid-Rise Baggy Straight Jean in Light Wash (similar to mine); Silver Western Buckle Skinny Belt in Camel (similar to mine).

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🎃 👻🎃🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Hopefully I can stay on track and get this week's wardrobe post done on time.  And before I forget, did you know that today is Kraken Day, AKA Cephalopod Myths and Legends Day?  I suggest you watch the movie "It Came From Beneath the Sea" (1955) here to celebrate this unique holiday and start getting in the mood for Halloween. 🐙🐙🐙 Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment