May 4th is National Herb Day!

Friday, October 30, 2020

Foodie Fridays: Southwestern Creamed Corn

If you are looking for a tasty side dish, give my quick and easy version of creamed corn a try.  This recipe is loosely based on one for Corn Casserole, but with the addition of green chiles for a southwestern flavor.  If you have all of the ingredients on hand it only takes a few minutes to throw this side dish together, and it is ready to serve once the cheese has melted completely.  I may just make this easy recipe for Thanksgiving, even if I will be celebrating by myself this year.

Southwestern Creamed Corn

4 C. frozen corn
1 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
3 T. butter
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 T. diced roasted green chiles (I like this brand)

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir until the cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.  Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment