May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #8


Well, I meant to put this post up last weekend, but as usual life intervened and once again my dog Madison was involved.  The poor girl managed to get a one-inch long prickly pear spine deeply embedded at an angle behind her right carpal pad.  It was extremely painful for her and it took me two days to finally pull it out.  I had to give her pain medication left over from her recovery from the coyote bite, and the next morning she was comfortable enough to let me get a good grip on the spine with a pair of pliers and yank it out.  She is fine now, but of course I got behind on my weekend posts again!

This outfit was all about the accessories - I decided to wear two complementary pendant necklaces (shown at the top of the page) with my rather somber black tee and grey sweater combination to liven things up a bit.  I love the look of long pendant necklaces, but they can be rather annoying because they swing around and can get in the way if you lean forward.  This is a look I only wear when I know that I will not be doing anything too active.  The longer necklace I wore is actually a bolo tie given to me a while ago by my husband, who has a knack for finding unique and beautiful jewelry created by local artisans whenever he travels.  The one I own has a grey cotton cord and a ceramic pendant in the shape of a rearing Appaloosa horse - it is quite lovely but a one-of-a-kind piece, so I found a different horse-themed bolo tie to feature below.  I bought the silver pendant necklace years ago in Ireland.  It features a Celtic symbol on a thick silver chain - the one I found for today's post is similar but not identical.

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Wintertide Cabled Sweater in Mid Heather Grey (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Primaloft Packaway Jacket in Black; Handmade Lucky Clover Encircled by a Celtic Knot Sterling Silver Necklace (similar to mine); MarryAcc Genuine Leather Horse Head Bolo Tie (similar to mine); Dr. Scholl's Women's Wide Width Marci Gel-Pac Zippered Loafers in Black (no longer available); Hollister Skinny Jeans in Olive Green (similar to mine, which are no longer available in this color); L.L. Bean Pima Cotton Long Sleeve Crewneck Tee in Black (similar to mine); Center: MediPEDS Crew Socks in Black.

This week life intervened yet again to disrupt more of my best laid plans - I decided to cancel my trip back to Georgia at the end of the month thanks to the coronavirus scare.  The University of Georgia, where my husband works, decided out of an abundance of caution that classes there would be online only for the rest of the semester, so I felt obliged to be equally cautious since I fall into the age group that the CDC is urging to stay at home if at all possible.  Besides, New Mexico has not yet had a diagnosed case of the virus, and I would hate to become the state's patient zero!

Stay safe and stay healthy everyone, and don't forget to set your clocks ahead because Daylight Saving Time starts today! 😢😩😞

Please stay safe, little Madison!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment