May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #6

From Hitchhiker

I wasn't sure I was even going to get a post up this weekend, but here it is at last.  It is taking me a lot longer to reorganize my photo files than I thought it would (after my files reset themselves, as I mentioned in this post).  I decided to do another outfit of the week post instead, and may be doing so for the foreseeable future until I finally finish resorting all my images.  And then yesterday morning one of my dogs (Madison) got bitten under the tail by a coyote and I had to get her to the vet for a wound staple and some antibiotics.  I have to watch her like a hawk to make sure she does not pull out the staple because she is very adamant that she will not wear a cone.  So far so good, but it limits the amount of time I can spend on anything else.  Otherwise she is doing fine and does not seem to be in pain - she should be completely healed in about two weeks.  Anyway, here is the outfit I wore for a day in town this past week:

Clockwise from top left: J. Crew Women's Puff-Sleeve Fuzzy Crewneck Sweater in Ivory (similar to my fuzzy angora sweater, bought years ago and no longer available); Dreminova Boho Wooden Bead Necklace in Persistence and Effort Fish (somewhat similar to mine in color);  Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Jacket in Warm Ginger (color out of stock - similar to my much less expensive version); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Coffee Roast; Pendleton Women's Long-Sleeve Cotton Ribbed Tee in Antique White (similar to mine); Center top: Target Women's A New Day Crew Socks in Cream; Center bottom: Propet Women's Madison Mid Zip Boots in Espresso.

I really wanted to get this outfit posted so that I could discuss the day I spent wearing it!  I wore this ensemble to the talk described at the top of the page that I attended with a neighbor and new friend who lives just down the road from me.  She is a history teacher and knows a lot about New Mexico history, which I really want to learn more about.  The speaker was quite good and the topic was fascinating, so we both enjoyed the presentation immensely.  We then went out to lunch at Mampuku Ramen, a relatively new noodle shop in Santa Fe, which is excellent and highly recommended - here is an image of their menu:

From Yelp

I had the Tanmen Ramen, which was a rich chicken broth full of tasty vegetables and a hard-boiled egg half, and it was delicious.

From Yelp

I got a side of Kimchi to add to the ramen because I love kimchi in ramen.  Straight kimchi is too spicy for me, but the ramen broth dilutes the spiciness of the cabbage while incorporating the spicy heat into the bowl of noodles and enhancing its flavor.  My neighbor and I shared an appetizer of Takoyaki (octopus dumplings), little fried dumpling balls which were also delicious.

From Yelp

I had such a great time listening to the history talk that my neighbor and I will be attending another one this week:

From Hitchhiker


The year 2020 is the centennial of women's suffrage in New Mexico.  This event is such a great reminder to vote in the upcoming presidential election, in a year where issues especially important to women seem to be facing great challenges.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Next week I will probably post another outfit of the week, but I promise that as soon as I can I will start putting together some more comprehensive wardrobe posts!

Be careful, Madison - watch your back!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment