Thursday, January 31, 2019

This 'n That Thursdays: "Escape to the Country" BBC House-Hunting Show

From BBC One

One of our local PBS stations has recently started airing episodes of the BBC house-hunting show called  "Escape to the Country".  I have only seen two episodes so far, but I was hooked after the first one!  This series follows the adventures of house hunters in the UK hoping to move to the country as they check out three different rural properties, one of which is designated the "mystery property".  They are assisted in their search by a host who also provides more information about the specific locations chosen by the buyers.

Being a rural resident myself, with no desire to live in more densely populated areas, I enjoyed getting to see scenes of the British countryside featured in the two episodes I watched, which can be truly idyllic.  I think my favorite part of each episode was the segment where the host takes a look at a particular aspect of the featured region of rural England.  In the first episode I saw, the host visited a pig farm, while in the second he got to learn how to drive a horse-drawn carriage.  All of the properties showcased so far have been delightful, and I can't wait to see more!

Apparently this series has been around since 2002, but to my knowledge has not been shown where we live in Georgia until recently.  One review I read of the show calls it "TV's most calming house-hunting show" and lists six reasons why you should watch - I couldn't agree more with their assessment!  If your local PBS station is broadcasting this series, be sure to check it out.  You can also watch episodes on YouTube (check out the special two-episode edition below), on Netflix, or on BBC One.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment