Sunday, January 20, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: Casual Winter Sweater-Inspired 4x4 Wardrobe

Orvis Women's Fair Isle Sweater Coat

When the weather turns cold and blustery, as it has here in Georgia recently, I really appreciate a wardrobe based on warm and cosy sweaters.  I loved the colors of the cardigan shown above, and decided to base a winter wardrobe on a few of its hues - a rich plum color, shades of indigo, and various gradations of tan:


This casual wardrobe consists of the sort of apparel I love to wear - comfortable pants, warm sweaters, and long-sleeved t-shirts to layer under the sweaters or wear on their own with the pants.  I found most of these items on the L.L. Bean website.  While I do not normally wear turtlenecks (I find myself constantly tugging at their necklines), I do think they go well with sweaters.  I just wish I could wear them without feeling as if I were being strangled!

The first set of four includes the inspiration sweater and features the plum color:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Pima Cotton Turtleneck in Royal Plum (color no longer available); Orvis Women's Fair Isle Sweater Coat; Woolrich Women's Laureldale Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Ecru; L.L. Bean Women's Slim-Leg True Shape Twill Pants in Raisin Brown.

The second set of four brings in the shades of indigo as well as a bit of tan:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Pima Cotton Turtleneck in Vintage Indigo; L.L. Bean Women's Marled Cotton Ragg Sweater in Oatmeal; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Stripe Cotton Interlock Turtleneck in Blue Heather; L.L. Bean Women's Relaxed Fit Comfort Waist Double L Jeans in Rinsed Wash.

More indigo and tan for the third set of four:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Crewneck Pima Cotton Tee in Vintage Indigo; L.L. Bean Women's Double L Mixed Cable Turtleneck Sweater in Stone; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Heritage Washed Denim Shirt in Light Indigo; L.L. Bean Women's Straight-Leg Casco Corduroy Pants in Deep Khaki.

And finally, the plum color and a little tan for the final set of four:

Clockwise from top left: Woolrich Women's Laureldale Turtleneck in Ecru; L.L. Bean Women's Classic Ragg Wool Fair Isle Crewneck Sweater in Deep Port; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Crewneck Pima Cotton Tee in Royal Plum; L.L. Bean Women's Straight-Leg Casco Corduroy Pants in Fig.

Here is the complete 4x4 basic winter wardrobe:


πŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œπŸ†πŸ‘•πŸ“œ

I really like these colors together, and would seriously consider making them my signature colors if I were starting a new wardrobe from scratch.  I would even be inclined to own all of these items if the turtlenecks were not too tight (or perhaps I should be looking at cowl neck tops).  Next week I will be adding accessories to this wardrobe, with the goal of enhancing the cosiness factor.  Our weather has been relatively mild up until now, so the thought of bundling up against the cold in warm and cosy clothing has not yet lost its appeal!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment