Sunday, January 3, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #1

I hope your new year is starting off well!  I am still plagued with internet problems at the moment.  My connection is down most of the time, so hopefully I can get this post done before I lose the connection again!  The only trip to town I made last week was to take my car in on New Year's Eve Day to get a leaking radiator hose fixed.  I had not intended to go into town at all, but as usual that did not work out as planned.  At least the hose now seems to be fixed, and my phone and internet problems are supposed to be fixed tomorrow (if CenturyLink is to be believed, which I am starting to doubt lately).  Here is my first outfit for 2021, which was actually my very last one for 2020:

Clockwise from top left: ModCloth Cozy for You Embroidered Sweater in Cream Hearts (no longer available); Rose Gold Single Cultured Freshwater Pearl Necklace (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Insulated Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Bombas Women's Solids Calf Socks in Oatmeal; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Women's High-Rise Straight Jean in Light Wash; Title Nine Samba V Neck Long Sleeve Tee in Auburn (color modified slightly to more closely resemble my similar tee).

I wore the hearts sweater as an optimistic choice to usher in the new year.  My necklace, shown at the top of the page, is a very old one that I think I inherited from my mother (I have had it for so long that I forget where it came from).  It is quite short, only slightly longer than choker length, and the chain is so old that it is more of a tarnished brass color than gold, which I really prefer.  The pearl is tiny and the chain is very fine and delicate, so much so that I broke it while wearing the necklace last week by tugging just a little too hard to readjust it!  Fortunately, with tweezers, my tiniest pliers, and much patience I was able to repair it.  Next time I will remember not to pull on it while I am wearing it.

 🎉💖🎉💖🎉💖🎉 💖🎉💖🎉💖🎉💖🎉 💖🎉💖🎉💖🎉💖🎉 💖🎉

I had better post this now before I lose my internet connection again.  Have a great week, and stay optimistic that 2021 will be the better year we hope it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment