Thursday, January 7, 2021

This 'n That Thursdays: Delicious Day Food Vlog on YouTube


I really probably should be talking about the domestic terrorist attack on our US Capitol Building yesterday, but my goal for this year is to keep topics positive and optimistic, so instead I will introduce you to a delightful YouTube food vlog that I recently discovered called Delicious Day.  The South Korean woman who created this vlog makes videos that are all short and sweet, usually averaging about 5 minutes or less.  The recipes tend to be simple and easy to follow, and best of all most look quite delicious, enough to make me want to try making some of them myself.

I have linked to two of the cutest videos, above and below, that feature recipes for uniquely shaped desserts.  The teddy bear head Steamed Custard Buns shown above would be perfect for a spring holiday, and the jack o' lantern Sweet Pumpkin Sticky Rice Cakes shown below are so impressive I am thinking of trying that recipe for Halloween this year.  For me, though, the best thing about this vlog is the amusing English subtitle comments.  They make me smile every time, and sometimes even burst out in the occasional chuckle - this young woman has a way of turning a phrase that is just wonderful.  Most of all, these videos will make you hungry, so I would advise not watching them on an empty stomach.  Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment