Sunday, January 31, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #5

Though off topic for this post, January 31st is National Hot Chocolate Day, so of course I had to make myself a nice big mug full of hot chocolate!  My version is made from a praline-flavored white hot chocolate mix, and is topped with decadent chocolate-flavored marshmallows stuffed with more chocolate, called Stuffed Puffs.  If you have not tried chocolate-stuffed marshmallows yet, I highly recommend them, especially in hot chocolate (according to one reviewer, they are also fantastic in coffee).  Our local Walmart carries the vanilla-flavored Stuffed Puffs marshmallows, but no longer has the double chocolate ones.  The latter can be found here or on Amazon, although they are a bit pricey and come in units of two or more bags only.

Back to the topic of the day, I made one quick trip into town last week, mostly to mail some letters and pick up some items for my horse, and I decided that I was going to wear my new Coldwater Creek sweater (which is sadly already sold out!).  I paired it with Coldwater Creek denim leggings I bought a couple of years ago, and added a pink stone turtle pendant necklace which complemented the lighter pink hue in the sweater.  It was a comfortable outfit with just enough color to make me happy - I just wish I had a more colorful coat!  Here is the complete outfit:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Spirit Striped Intarsia Pullover Sweater in Fawn Multi (no longer available - I did not wear it with a denim shirt); Pink Coral Turtle Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Insulated Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); EMEM Apparel Women's Dress Socks in Navy (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Mid Rise Leggings in Dark Wash (similar to my older version); Anvil Ladies' Featherweight Long-Sleeve Scoop-Neck T-Shirt in Coral (color slightly modified to more closely resemble my similar tee).

 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

It's hard to believe that January ends today - February is a busy birthday month for my family, and I need to remember to get those birthday cards in the mail on time.  I also have to get both birthday and Valentine's Day gifts ordered and sent to my husband, so I had better get to work.  Have a great week, and a great February as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment