Sunday, January 10, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #2


I made one trip into town last week for essentials shopping, and I decided that I was going to wear happy colors.  I was glad I did, because this was the same day as the domestic terrorist attack in our nation's capitol, and I needed all the upbeat feelings I could muster that day.  I do believe that our nation will get past this dark episode as well as the raging pandemic and end up back on track to better times, so I will continue to post about positive topics here in anticipation of a more optimistic future.  That probably means that I will continue to dress in happy colors for at least the rest of the winter to keep my spirits up, so be prepared to see some interesting color combinations for my upcoming Weekend Wardrobe posts!

Clockwise from top left: Kim Rogers Women's Cable Knit V-Neck Sweater in Yellow (similar to mine); Vintage Brightly Colored Long Lucite Tube Beads Necklace (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Jacket in Warm Ginger (no longer available - similar to my much less expensive version (color no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Locale Outdoor New Mexico Flag Sock (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Women's High-Rise Straight Jean in Light Wash; Draper's & Damon's Basic Mock Neck Cotton Poly Long Sleeve Tee in Spicy Chai (similar to mine).

I could not find a necklace that was a close match to mine (shown at the top of the page) but the one I did find has similar bright colors and length.  The New Mexico socks were a Christmas gift from my husband.  I love colorful socks and have drawer full of them - even if the rest of my outfit is mostly neutrals I will often wear a pair of these socks to add a touch of color that usually only I know is there!

🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨

I hope everyone out there is staying safe and doing well.  Here's hoping that this week will be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment