April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Mad Dash to New Mexico Weekend Travel Wardrobe

We did not have time to visit, but the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
was held the weekend we were in New Mexico!

Last weekend my husband and I made last-minute reservations for a quick trip to New Mexico to look at a house recently listed for sale.  After viewing the house and agonizing over a decision, we ultimately decided that the house was not quite what we are looking for, but we are glad we made the trip.  I think I actually pack better and more efficiently when I have so little time to second guess myself, and was quite pleased with the simple travel wardrobe I selected.

In today's short post you get a look at what I packed for our weekend mad dash to New Mexico.  The main difficulty in packing for this trip was the extreme weather difference between Georgia (very humid with high temperatures in the 90s) and New Mexico (dry with high temperatures expected to drop down into the mid 60s while we were there, and lows possibly in the 40s!).  Luckily we were leaving late enough on Friday and returning late enough on Sunday to avoid the hottest parts of both days, so I opted to wear jeans with light t-shirts and kept a lightweight cardigan easily accessible if needed.

First up is the outfit I wore for Friday afternoon, the day that we left (I packed the socks and put them on once we arrived in New Mexico because I hate having hot feet!):

Clockwise from top left: Hanes Women's Nano-T V-Neck T-Shirt in White; Uno Alla Volta Curtis and Sheron's Upcycled Copper Horse Cuff Bracelet; H&M Women's Fine-Knit Cardigan in Black; Olivia + Joy Zap Zoom Tote in Black (no longer available); American Tourister Aerospin 21" Spinner Carry On Suitcase in Red; No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Denim Blue; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; H&M Women's Straight High Ankle Jeans in Light Denim Blue; Center: Beltaway Flat Buckle Belt in White.

And here is the rest of the wardrobe that I packed in my carry-on bags:

Clockwise from top left: Premise Studio Short Sleeve Sweater in Black; Jockey Women's Knit Sleep Pants in Taupe (no longer available); L.L. Bean Women's Short-Sleeve V-Neck Polk Dot West End Fitted Tee in White; L.L. Bean Women's Favorite Fit Straight-Leg 1912 Jeans in Vintage Black; L.L. Bean Women's PrimaLoft Packaway Jacket in Black; No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Black; Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Coldwater Creek Pinwale Stretch Corduroys in Rust (color no longer available).

The outfit to the left (corduroys and sweater) was worn on house-viewing day, and the outfit to the right (jeans and tee) on the return flight home, while the clothing in the middle served as sleepwear.  The lightweight packaway jacket was fortunately not needed often, except for early in the morning or late at night.  If it weren't for the electronics that I brought along, my luggage would have been light as a feather!  I did have room to add some booklets and brochures found in Santa Fe as well as a couple of items I purchased at the airport on the way home (my favorite soaps from Los Poblanos).


Image from Travel + Leisure

We did not have time to do much more than look at houses on this trip, but we did manage to find a really great little cheese shop near our realtor's office.  The Cheesemongers of Santa Fe shop is full of wonderful, less well known cheeses plus an array of charcuterie selections, artisan breads, and a number of other edibles such as jams, pickles and preserved goods.  We bought a couple of their unique hot chocolate blends, which included unusual ingredients like blue corn.

Even though we were only in town for a couple of days, I am a cheese fanatic so I had to pick up a small wedge to try while we were there.  I asked them to choose for me, telling them that I prefer drier, nuttier cheeses like Swiss or Parmesan that are not too creamy.  I wanted to try something that I had never had before, so they selected Hornbacher from Switzerland:

From Di Bruno Bros.

It was an excellent choice.  Even my husband raved about it, and he is not normally too choosy when it comes to cheese.  We will definitely be going back to that shop the next time we get to New Mexico!

From USA Today 10 Best

🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄

And so ends today's combined travel and wardrobe post.  Because I did not have time to put together a travel wardrobe post last weekend, you are about to be treated to two in one weekend (as long as I can get my act together and finish the second one!).  Tomorrow's post will add accessories to the unconventional colors cool weather basic 4x4 wardrobe I described two weeks ago.  Enjoy your Saturday!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment