Friday, October 5, 2018

Foodie Fridays: Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Hummus, Feta, and Olives


A recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Hummus, Olives, and Feta on the How Sweet Eats blog caught my eye recently.  I decided to give it a try, but before I had the chance to roast the cauliflower, I happened to notice that our local The Fresh Market had some Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower in their prepared foods section.  I bought some, and it was so good that I decided to make my own version, to use in the recipe I originally meant to make.

To keep things simple I used store-bought Sabra Caramelized Onion with Smoked Paprika Hummus, which was so delicious I may never eat any other flavor again!  Even though this recipe is so simple, it is amazingly good, combining flavors that I would never have thought to put together on my own.  I know that I will be making this recipe on a regular basis from now on!

Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Hummus, Feta, and Olives

3 T. olive oil
1 T garlic-flavored oil
2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1 head cauliflower, cut into 4 slices or into florets
2 containers (10 oz. each) hummus
1/2 C. feta crumbles
1/2 C. halved and pitted Kalamata olives

Whisk together the first four ingredients.  Pour about 1 T. into the bottom of a baking pan and spread to coat the bottom.  Add the cauliflower and drizzle evenly with the remaining oil mixture.  Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, flipping the cauliflower pieces about halfway through the cooking time.  Remove from the oven.

Divide the hummus evenly among 4 shallow bowls, spreading it out across the bottoms of the bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 of the cauliflower.  Sprinkle the feta crumbles evenly over each serving.  Add 2 T. Kalamata olive halves to each bowl.  Drizzle any oil remaining in the baking pan over the cauliflower.  Serves 4.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment