April 27th is World Tapir Day!

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

On the Homefront: "All Dogs Are Dalmatian on Dalmatian Appreciation Day" Table

Once again Dalmatians Dexter and Delilah are delighted to welcome all
dogs to celebrate Dalmatian Appreciation Day!

Today is Dalmatian Appreciation Day, my own personal holiday invented by me to honor the Dalmatians we have owned.  While Dalmatians are my favorite breed, I love dogs of all sorts, so today's table celebrates all dogs, including our current two mixed breed pups.  My new Puppy Love Salad Plates are featured along with several of the Dalmatian-themed tableware items that I own.  I based the color scheme on some of the colors in my new Georgia O'Keeffe Barn Table Runner - somewhat incongruous, I know, but I really love this runner and wanted to use it on this table (Georgia O'Keeffe was a dog owner herself, and especially loved Chow Chows).  Here is this year's Dalmatian Appreciation Day table:


Dark brown wooden bead placemat (from Target years ago); BHG Amity Ivory Dinner Plate (from Walmart several years ago); Puppy Love Salad/Dessert Plate (Dalmatian design); spotted flatware (from Cow Depot); red cloth napkin; Home Essentials Tuscana Red Stemless Wine Glass (from Marshall's a couple of years ago).

The other three dog plate designs:







A Dalmatian cookie jar for the dessert cookies, flanked by Dalmatians
Fido and Fifi, and fronted by Kissing Dalmatians Salt and Pepper Shakers.

You have seen this candle centerpiece numerous times, but it sits atop
my new table runner and you get a better idea of the lovely colors in
the design.

Serving bowls for the meal sit at the other end of the table.

A closer look at the Over and Back Dalmatian-themed serving bowl.


Dinner this year consists of favorite comfort foods, starting with one of my husband's favorites which is meat loaf.  (Leftovers are just as good served cold in a sandwich for lunch the next day.)  I almost always serve meat loaf with my version of mashed potatoes plus steamed broccoli, because that is my idea of a comforting dinner.  For dessert, I decided to sneak in my relatively healthy recipe for chocolate cookies to accompany my favorite ice cream flavor (vanilla, which I do not think is boring at all), because these cookies really are tasty enough to pass for comfort food!

Dalmatian Appreciation Day Menu:

Steamed Broccoli

abcefghijklmopqrstuvwxyz

Rover the Dalmatian welcomes all dogs and dog lovers to the annual
Dalmatian Appreciation Day festivities!

These two honorary Dalmatians insisted I tell everyone that they really
are not the green-eyed monsters my poor photography skills make them
out to be (don't worry, they were consoled with fancy big dog cookies)!

As always, on Dalmatian Appreciation Day, all dogs are Dalmatian!                
                

No comments:

Post a Comment