April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Accessories for Colors from Nature 4x5 Basic Wardrobe


Before we left on our trip to New Mexico, I created the 4x5 basic wardrobe shown above based on a nature photo I took on our property.  Now it is time to add accessories!  Let's start with some pretty jewelry, focusing on a theme of Japanese maples and robin's eggs, also based on my photo:

Clockwise from top left: Rocky Mountain Leaf Company Silver Japanese Maple Necklace; ExpressYourself Turquoise and Sterling Silver Bird's Nest Earrings on Etsy; KarmaBeads Turquoise and Sterling Silver Bird Nest Necklace on Etsy; Coldwater Creek Rainbow Drops Illusion Necklace; JLynnCreations Sterling Silver Mama Brid Skinny Cuff Bracelet on Etsy; Rocky Mountain Leaf Company Silver Japanese Maple Earrings.

I found some very lovely and unique scarves that pick up on the robin's egg blue, plum purple, forest green, and taupe color scheme of the wardrobe:

Clockwise from top left: Silk Concepts Northern Lights Tree Scarf in Loden Green; Black Fig Designs Treasure Taupe Ikat Silk Scarf; Silk Concepts Kayaker Scarf in Dark Plum; FireAunt Studios Women's Silk Scarf in Black/Turquoise/Purple.

The very neutral taupe comes into play when choosing the third set of accessories, which must work with all colors in the collection:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Three-Season Raincoat in Taupe; Coldwater Creek Eventide Leather Bag in Stone; Coldwater Creek Eventide Leather Wallet/Wristlet in Stone; L.L. Bean Misses Regular Suede 3/4" Belt in Gray.

Most of the shoes are taupe as well, but I just could not resist the suede wedges in a shade similar to robin's egg blue:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek "Carlee" Flats by Me Too in Desert Taupe; Coldwater Creek "Borderland" Suede Wedges by Walk With Me in Bright Jade; Coldwater Creek "GOWalk Lite" Canvas Ballet Flats by Skechers in Taupe; Coldwater Creek "Zeline" Boots by Naturalizer in Taupe.

💠🍆🌲🙊💠🍆🌲🙊💠🍆🌲🙊💠🍆🌲🙊💠🍆🌲🙊💠🍆🌲🙊

The unusual color scheme of this wardrobe and its accessories makes me very happy!  Next week I will show you the apparel I wore in New Mexico.  My wardrobe was actually rather similar to what I took for my family reunion in Pennsylvania, but with a slight southwestern twist with the addition of accessories.  I can't wait to show you the woven shawl I bought in Santa Fe!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment