Sunday, April 4, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfits of the Week #11

My boldly colorful Easter table, featuring green, turquoise, yellow, white, and black.

I have been very remiss in getting my wardrobe posts up lately, so today I have outfits from the past three weeks.  My big news is that I have received my first COVID vaccine!  I had to go to a supermarket that I had never visited before, so I decided to check out the location the week before my scheduled appointment when I was doing my essentials shopping trip.  Below is the outfit I wore that day, now three weeks ago:

Clockwise from top left: St. John's Bay Cable Women's V Neck Long Sleeve Pullover Sweater in Blackberry Wine; Craghoppers Women's Expolite Hooded Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Bombas Women's Solids Calf Socks in Black; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Women's High-Rise Straight Jean in Light Wash; Draper's & Damon's Basic Mock Neck Cotton Poly Long Sleeve Tee in Heather Aubergine (color no longer available; similar to mine - Blackberry Wine color no longer available); Center: Sterling Silver Grey Pearl Pendant Necklace (similar to mine).

Someone in the store actually complemented me on the Blackberry Wine color of my sweater and tee, so I think that this reddish purple shade is actually a good color on me.  I guess I need to rethink my reluctance to wear purple!

For my return trip to the store the following week to receive my shot, I wore one of my loose-sleeved sweaters and a tee with sleeves that rolled up easily.  The whole process was relatively quick and I did not even feel the needle when I was vaccinated (although right now, ten days later, the injection site suddenly became swollen and sore, which my doctor brother tells me is not an unusual side effect).  Below is the complete outfit I wore that day:

Clockwise from top left: Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Turquoise (no longer available); Craghoppers Women's Expolite Hooded Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Target Women's A New Day Crew Socks in Cream; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Slim-Leg Leggings in Spice (no longer available); Lands' End Women's Relaxed Cotton Long Sleeve Mock Turtleneck in Ivory (similar to mine); Center: Santo Domingo Irene Lovato Four Strand Turquoise and Orange Spiny Oyster Shell Necklace (similar to mine).




The medical professional who administered my vaccine said she loved the color of my sweater, and so do I.  I plan to add more turquoise blue apparel to my wardrobe in the future.  It is a great color for spring - bright but not too dark, and not too pale for my complexion like most pastels.

Finally, for my shopping trip last week I could not decide if the weather was going to be warm or cool, so I chose a recently purchased light cotton sweater with a thin silk top underneath, plus a quilted vest instead of a coat.  I still ended up being too warm and shed the vest layer pretty quickly - spring has definitely arrived, at least for the next week or so:

Clockwise from top left: J. Crew Factory Leopard Jacquard Pullover Sweater in Khaki Black; Calvin Klein Full Zip Puffer Vest in Black (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available);MIRMARU Women's Cotton Crew Socks in Black; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Banana Republic Women's High-Rise Straight Jean in Light Wash; Terramar Women's Thermasilk Pointelle Scoop Neck Shirt in Natural; Center: Gold Tree of Life Pendant Necklace (similar to mine).

We are enjoying a beautiful and warm Easter Sunday today here in Santa Fe.  You can see the Easter table I set for the day at the top of this post.  Here are a few shots of recently purchased items featured on my table:

I love the new salad plates I purchased recently - the colorful birds and butterflies really stand out on the black background.  The little glass jar contains M&M'S Peanut Butter Chocolate Easter Candy Eggs - they do not taste any different from regular peanut butter M&M'S, but the colors worked for my table.
I bought this cute penguin-shaped egg cooker way back in February but only just used it for the first time to hard-boil eggs for Easter.  I am really impressed with how easy and convenient it is to use - I can cook, cool, store, and serve the eggs in this simple little device!  (Forgive the over-exposed image - the sunlight streaming in from the window was almost more than my iPhone camera could handle.)
I treated myself to a 40-piece floral gift box of 70% dark chocolate Lindt Lindor truffles, which was so pretty I had to add it to my table decor.  The chicken-shaped egg separator is a very recent purchase - it is so cute that it made its way on to my table as well!

🐣🌷🐤🌷🐥🌷🐣🌷🐤🌷🐥🌷 🐣🌷🐤🌷🐥🌷 🐣🌷🐤🌷🐥🌷

I hope to take advantage of our beautiful weather today and get some gardening and yard work done.  I hope you are also experiencing nice spring weather and are planning something fun for the day.  And of course I have to include my favorite short Easter YouTube video - it is my annual tradition, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment