Sunday, April 18, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #12

My husband sent me this lovely protea bouquet for our anniversary last week.  This is the second anniversary in a row we had to spend apart thanks to the pandemic 😞.  The good news is that my husband is planning to visit me in New Mexico next month, when we will both finally be fully vaccinated 😊!

Once again I missed posting last weekend, but since I was not able to get into town this past week I will describe the outfit I wore two weeks ago for my essentials shopping trip.  I did manage to get a lot done that day - in addition grocery shopping I left my dogs with the groomer for their baths and nail trims, got my car's oil changed, and went to the bank.  I was actually feeling caught up on most of the items from my to-do list, until I drove out later in the day to pick up my mail.  It was rather warm so I rolled down the two front windows, and then the passenger side window suddenly stopped working.

By the time I got back home it had fallen all the way down and would not go back up.  I called for an appointment to get the window fixed but they could not fit me in until over a week later.  This meant that I could not go anywhere since I did not want to leave my car in a parking lot with one window completely open.  Luckily I am well stocked with supplies so I did not really need to go into town at all, but I still have to pick up my mail every day, and as it has been very windy and cooler this week even these short trips are no fun (you would not believe the amount of dust that will blow into your car on a windy day!).

The day I did get into town was much warmer than normal for this time of year, so much so that I only needed a light sweater and a quilted vest to stay comfortable.  I wore one of my fun Dalmatian sweaters since I was taking my dogs with me to leave with the groomer.  I also wore my silver wishbone necklace, since dogs and bones are such an obvious match!  I don't even remember where I got this necklace, but it paired very well with my sweater:

Clockwise from top left: Tashi Silver Wishbone Necklace (similar to mine); Calvin Klein Full Zip Puffer Vest in Black (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); MIRMARU Women's Cotton Crew Socks in Black; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; prAna Women's London Jeans in Grey Denim (no longer available - similar to mine, also no longer available); Joules Dog Days Sweater in Navy (no longer available).

🐶🚗💉 🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉🐶🚗💉

This week will be a busy one for me.  My dog Madison goes to the vet for her annual exam and vaccinations on Tuesday, my car (finally!) goes in to get the non-functioning window fixed on Wednesday, and on Friday I get my second COVID vaccine.  If I react to the second vaccine in the same way two of my siblings did, then I will definitely experience some uncomfortable side effects such as fever, body aches, and possibly a headache in addition to lethargy and sleepiness.  I am keeping next weekend free of any responsibilities just in case, so if you do not see a post from me it will be because I am recuperating from COVID vaccine side effects.  My siblings recovered completely after a couple of days and hopefully I will do the same.  I hope you have a productive week with beautiful spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment