May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Friday, April 16, 2021

Foodie Fridays: Street Corn Chicken

I have been wanting to make a Mexican street corn recipe for quite a while now, so when I found this recipe for Street Corn Chicken, which uses all of the flavors plus chicken to make a main dish meal, I just had to try it.  This is another one of my favorite types of recipes - quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious!  All this dish needs is the addition of a salad or green vegetable to round out the meal.  I am looking forward to making this recipe again soon!

Street Corn Chicken

4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 C. frozen corn, thawed
1/2 C. roasted green chile (I used Hatch Valley Roasted Green Chile)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 lb. chicken tenders
1/4 C. chopped cilantro (I used 1 T. Gourmet Garden Cilantro Paste)
4 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
1/4 C. diced red onion or sliced scallions

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, corn, green chile, chili powder, and cumin (plus cilantro paste if using).

Place the chicken tenders in an 11×7-inch baking dish in a single layer.  Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the queso fresco, cilantro, and red onions.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.  Serves 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment