Sunday, March 7, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #9 (and an update on my dog Ruby)

    
Madison and Ruby enjoy sniffing a scent in our yard on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. 

The great news is that Ruby is home now and doing quite well.  She lost a lot of weight because she refused to eat for days, but her appetite is back with a vengeance and she is happy to eat everything but the prescription canned dog food that the staff attempted to feed her at the vet clinic.  Ruby also lost muscle tone while at the clinic because she was on IV fluids and could not move around much, but she is mobile again and is willing to take short walks on our property.  She also roams around the house a lot, which is normal for her, and she seems to be regaining muscle slowly but surely.

Ruby's test results finally came back from the diagnostics lab in Texas (a week later than usual due to their power outage) and confirmed what I suspected was the problem - years ago she ingested a soil bacterium called Clostridium perfringens when we lived in Georgia and it is now established in her gut, where it flares up periodically and causes digestive problems.  This was a particularly virulent flare-up, and she will probably need to be on low-dose antibiotics for the rest of her life to prevent a recurrence.

Now that you have the update on Ruby, let's move on to the outfit I wore last week to run errands in town (including picking up more antibiotics for Ruby).  I recently purchased several JC Penney St. John's Bay cable knit sweaters at a fantastic price, so I decided to wear one of them last week.  I do not usually wear muted colors, and since both the sweater and jeans were rather subdued colors I had to add a hot pink long-sleeved tee to brighten up my outfit.  This is as close as I come to acknowledging spring colors, which are least suited to my coloring.

Clockwise from top left: St. John's Bay Women's Cable Crew Neck Long Sleeve Sweater in Blue Marl (currently only available in Tall sizes); Vince Camuto Chain Tassel Necklace in Silver/Crystal (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Insulated Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); MediPEDS Crew Socks in Black; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; prAna Women's London Jeans in Grey Denim (similar to mine); Ultrasofts Mock Turtleneck in Sangria (similar to mine).

😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊🐶😊

Tomorrow Ruby goes back to the vet for a recheck, and hopefully to get her surgery staples removed.  It will be a while before she resumes going on long walks with Madison and me, but I am just relieved that she is progressing so well on her road to recovery.  The weather here has turned very mild and pleasant, so for now all is well.  I am waiting to hear when I can get my COVID-19 vaccine (the neighbors I walk with in the mornings have just gotten theirs), and then perhaps the world will begin to feel more normal again.  Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment