Sunday, September 6, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #33

I mostly planted edibles in my garden this year, but there are a few pots of flowers, like this one filled with a veronica, two types of verbena, and a lush and fragrant spearmint plant in the back.

What a weather rollercoaster ride we are in for this week in New Mexico!  Last week started off slightly cooler but quickly went back to sweltering heat.  Labor Day will be close to 100 degrees, but then we are in for a cold front that will take us down to a low near freezing by Tuesday night!  At one point there was even the possibility of snow in the forecast, but fortunately that has been changed to rain - even though I love cold weather, I'm just not quite ready for snow so soon after record-breaking heat (and neither is my horse, who has not yet grown a winter coat).

I made two trips into town early last week when it was mild enough to finally wear short sleeves instead of my usual sleeveless tops.  On my first trip to town I got to wear my new Dalmatian print dark green tee from Old Navy.  The necklace I chose is a simple round gold filigree pendant on a short chain that I have had since I was a teen (I think it was a birthday party gift, but it was so long ago I really don't remember for sure!):

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Printed Slub-Knit Tee in Dogs Green (no longer available); Gold Tree of Life Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; L.L. Bean Women's Wrinkle-Free Original Fit Hidden Comfort Waist 9" Bayside Shorts in Khaki (similar to mine); Lands' End Women's Skinny Leather Belt in White (similar to mine).

The second outfit I wore was similar except for the top, belt, and necklace (nothing new here, just a different combination of previously mentioned apparel):

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Sun Valley Bistro Shirt in Copper Multi (no longer available); Jade Fish Pendant on Gold Plated Chain (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; L.L. Bean Women's Wrinkle-Free Original Fit Hidden Comfort Waist 9" Bayside Shorts in Khaki (similar to mine);  J. Crew Skinny Italian Leather Belt in Pecan (similar to mine).

🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞❄️🌞

I should only have to make one trip into town this week, but if the temperatures drop the way they are supposed to, I may be featuring a sweater and corduroy pants in my next wardrobe post! 😱 Have a great Labor Day! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment