Sunday, September 27, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #35

My bright-eyed old chowhound Ruby tries to sit patiently while waiting for a treat.

This past week I took my old dog Ruby to the vet for her annual exam.  She is doing fine, although she has developed a low-grade heart murmur (not unusual in old dogs) which we will monitor.  Luckily the vet said that she did not need to have a benign tumor on her upper eyelid removed at this time as it is not bothering her (Ruby lives for food and hates to fast, which is necessary when going in for surgery).  So far my old girl seems happy and healthy for an almost 14-year-old dog, and we will do all we can to keep her that way.  I also had to make one more quick trip into town later in the week, to go to the post office and to pick up a few groceries, so I have two outfits to feature this week.  Just to keep things interesting, I decided to wear two items of clothing I featured in one outfit the previous week and separate them to create two more outfits (I have to get creative to keep from getting bored during the pandemic, after all!).

First up is the outfit I wore to the vet's office, featuring pants from the previous week.  The vet clinic is finally allowing people into the building now, rather than have us wait in the car while our animals are taken inside.  Ruby was so excited to finally see people again that it took a while for her to calm down, but we had an exam room to ourselves so she had time to relax.  I think the pandemic restrictions are harder on my people-loving dogs than they are on me!  Anyway, here is the outfit, which includes yet another necklace given to me by my husband (he has such good taste in jewelry!):

   
Clockwise from top left: Gap Factory Favorite Crewneck T-Shirt in Freeze Blue (similar to mine); E.D. Marshall Jewelers Vintage Navajo Handmade White and Brown Shell Heishi Bead Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Steve Madden White Leather Belt with Turquoise Studs (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Sedona (no longer available).

For my quick trip into town to run a couple of errands, I chose the casual look of a sleeveless blouse from the previous week with my dark denim shorts.  I added a short apple coral bead necklace that I purchased years ago when I lived in the Virgin Islands as a graduate student doing research on the feral donkeys of St. John (ah, the good old days, when I was so much younger and everyone could travel without worrying about the consequences of a pandemic!):

Clockwise from top left: Jones New York Women's Sleeveless No Iron Easy-Care Shirt in New Blue (no longer available); NordicArtVintage Handcrafted Apple Blossom Coral Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Old Navy Women's 9-Inch Inseam High-Waisted Rolled-Cuff Bermuda Jean Shorts in Carla (similar to mine); Silver Western Buckle Skinny Belt in Camel (similar to mine).

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁❄️❄️❄️🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Tomorrow we are in for yet another cold snap after a period of very warm weather (I must make sure that my poor horse is well blanketed and fed, as he still has not grown a winter coat!).  Luckily the temperatures will bounce back pretty quickly to highs and lows more appropriate for this time of year, and maybe it will finally actually feel like fall here.  October will be upon us in just a few days, and I am ready to start decorating for the season.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment