Sunday, August 30, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #32

A colorful array of even more vegetables from my garden!

I made one quick trip into town last week, and since our weather forecast calls for a slight cooling trend starting this week I decided to wear one more truly summery outfit before the end of our insufferably long heat wave!  My outfit featured a pair of shorts I got from Talbots last year which is covered with little embroidered red crabs on a blue and white seersucker stripe background.  Despite the fact that I rarely wear a hot color like red in the summer, I chose to emphasize the red in these shorts with my top and shoes.  I also wore a short silver crab pendant necklace I bought from a mail-order catalog a few years ago to complement the crab design.

Clockwise from top left: Blair Women's Essential Knit Tank Top in Classic Red (similar to mine); Aeravida Crab Claws Cancer Zodiac Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); DailyShoes Extra Cushioned Casual Slip On Flats in Red Linen; Talbots 7" Crab Girlfriend Chino Shorts (no longer available).

I have seven pairs of shorts and one skort suitable for wearing to town, and I have now worn all of them at least once this summer, so I am more than ready to move on to clothing for cooler weather!  I am looking forward to temperatures below the 90s this week, and fall feels like it is just around the corner.  I can't wait!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment