Monday, August 24, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #31 - Denim Shorts, and an Outfit I Will, Sadly, Not Be Wearing this Summer

A colorful display of the abundant produce from my garden - I am being overwhelmed by summer squash!

I did not post any outfits last week because I did not go anywhere, except to the landfill, and I doubt that anyone wants to see what I wear to dump my trash!  This week, however, I made two trips into town so I have two outfits to post.  Both featured denim shorts, of which I have two pairs, a longer dark denim version and a slightly shorter light denim pair.  First up is the outfit I wore to (finally!) pick up my car after having left it at the shop for almost a month to get six leaks fixed (and now my anti-lock brake light is on, which the mechanic said was because it is getting weak - while the brake is fine for now, I will need to have it fixed some time in the near future 😩).  Oh well, be that as it may, here is my first outfit:

Clockwise from top left: Land's End Women's Cotton Tank Top in Desert Peach (similar to mine); wowjewelryco Southwest Pearls Bead Necklace in Sterling Silver and Turquoise (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Old Navy Women's 9-Inch Inseam High-Waisted Rolled-Cuff Bermuda Jean Shorts in Carla (similar to mine); Steve Madden White Leather Belt with Turquoise Studs (similar to mine).

The main feature of this outfit was the faux turquoise and silver studded belt, which was an inexpensive but attractive find at our local Walmart earlier this year.  I added my favorite little faux turquoise and silver bead necklace (another inexpensive find several years ago in Georgia) and I was good to go!

The second outfit is the one I wore for my semi-monthly essentials shopping trip, an event that is about as exciting as my life gets these days:

Clockwise from top left: Sterling Silver and Amethyst Navajo Bear Fetish Pendant Necklace (no longer available - similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Lands' End Women's Skinny Leather Belt in White (similar to mine); Croft & Barrow Women's Boat Shoes in New Tan (no longer available) Express Women's Super High Waisted Cinched Paperbag Jean Shorts in Light Wash (similar to mine); Blair Women's Essential Stretch Tank in Light Lavender (similar to mine).

In addition to denim shorts, I also wore a couple of pastel-colored tank tops this week - I rarely wear pastels, but it is still so hot here that I felt I needed the cooling look of pale colors.  For this outfit, I wore a short pendant necklace featuring a purple stone bear fetish that my husband gave me years ago (I really do have an embarrassingly large collection of necklaces given to me by my sweet husband!).

As a bonus this week, here is an outfit I was hoping to wear this summer when my husband came for a visit after the pandemic eased up.  Unfortunately, the pandemic only got worse over the summer both here in New Mexico and in Georgia where my husband is currently still living.  Needless to say, he will not be coming to visit, so this lovely outfit will have to wait until next summer 😩.

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Canyon Hues Packable Raffia Hat (no longer available); Turquoise Beads Multi-Strand Necklace (similar to mine); Kim Rogers Crochet Straw Bag in Natural; Easy Spirit Willow Slingback Sandals in Tan (no longer available); Coldwater Creek Everywhere Crinkle Maxi Dress in Rosewood (no longer available).

The dress and hat came from Coldwater Creek, which sadly went out of business recently 😩.  And yes, I know that this post is a little late, but I was bitten on the fingertip by a harvester ant yesterday morning and my poor finger was so sore and swollen that I could not finish this post in time 😩.  So how has life been going in your neck of the woods these days?
               

No comments:

Post a Comment