Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Wish List Wednesdays: New Summer Dress and Hat from Coldwater Creek


I am a big fan of Coldwater Creek apparel, and recently decided to take advantage of one of their discount sales by purchasing a summery dress and hat that I have had my eye on.  I am not usually one to wear dresses or hats, but our current coronavirus lockdown for some reason has many women, including myself, longing to wear clothing we normally would not consider.  I guess it has something to do with the fact that we are so limited in what we can safely do right now that we are more willing to try new things as long as they do not endanger our health or the health of our loved ones!

The dress that I purchased, shown above, is the Everywhere Crinkle Maxi Dress in Rosewood ($89.95, at 40% off plus free shipping).  I love the relaxed style and earthy hue (it is also available in blue) and the fact that it comes in a petite length, which suits my shorter legs.  It is fully lined so that it is not overly sheer, and even has on-seam pockets!  I do not happen to mind wearing sleeveless dresses, but one could easily wear a lightweight layer with sleeves under the dress if this is an issue.
I decided to buy the Canyon Hues Packable Raffia Hat ($59.95, at 40% off plus free shipping) as an accessory for the dress.  As I mentioned, I am not normally a hat person, but the sun in New Mexico is intense and I feel that I should probably wear hats more often here.  Once again I love the earthy hues, and because this hat is packable I can wear it on trips when it eventually becomes safe to travel again.

Right now Coldwater Creek is having a 50% off sale for 3+ styles or 30% off for 2 styles (use code CHOICE) plus free shipping on purchases of $99 or more.  Are you finding yourself wanting to wear items that you usually tend to avoid - perhaps brighter colors, unusual color combinations or patterns, or either more casual or more elegant styles?  I surprised even myself with this dress purchase, and cannot wait for really warm weather so that I can wear it on one of my essentials shopping trips.

I might possibly shock myself even more by putting on a little makeup, which I rarely wear even in normal times.  On second thought, probably not - I hate wearing makeup as I find it very uncomfortable, and the whole point right now for me is to be as comfortable as possible in these trying times!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment