May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #20

A pop of color added to my garden.

Last week was my week for essentials shopping.  I went into town on Friday, and it was forecast to be a hot day.  I made sure I got into town as early as possible, and I wore a comfortable but cool outfit which included another new t-shirt from Old Navy.  I love their EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tees for hot days as they are lightweight and cool, but provide enough coverage in an air-conditioned store to keep me from getting chilly.  The v-neck of these shirts looks best with a shorter necklace, so I wore a short one from my collection which featured shell beads as well as a shell pendant:


The cognac-colored belt coordinates with my purse, but I decided to wear my dark brown boat shoes because they complement the dark brown beads of the necklace, and because they are very comfortable without socks.

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tee in Ancient Forest; Jacob Foster Designs Natural Sea Shell Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Sperry Women's A/O 2 Eye Boat Shoe in Dark Brown (similar to mine); Rachel Comey Norm Straight-Leg Jeans in Khaki (similar to my much less expensive pair); J. Crew Skinny Italian Leather Belt in Pecan (similar to mine).

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

My zucchini seeds have sprouted!

In addition to buying groceries, I also purchased a few more items for gardening.  I am almost done with the plantings I wanted to do for this year.  I purchased quite a few inexpensive large and extra-large pots for herbs, and put some vegetable seeds and seedlings in the ground to see what would do well.  The zucchini and pumpkin seeds I planted have sprouted, and the tomato, eggplant, and pepper seedlings seem to be doing well so far.  The only problem I have had is mice eating my potted basil seedlings, so I bought another ever-so-slightly smaller pot to cover them at night and that seems to have solved the problem.

My pot of basil is flourishing now that the mouse problem has been resolved.

I did get one red geranium and a yellow daylily to add a bit of floral color to our smaller enclosed patio, but I do not really want to plant a lot of flowers yet - I am saving that phase of gardening for next year.  I do have some sunflower and marigold seeds and I will probably plant them, although I expect that mice will eat the sunflower seedlings (that happened when I tried to grow sunflowers in Colorado).  Oh well, we will see what happens, and if I do lose the sunflowers at least they were only seeds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment