May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #18

This large shrub is located in front of our house.  I am pretty sure it is a
grape holly (Mahonia aquifolium) even though it is growing quite robustly
in a spot that should be too sunny and dry for it!  Right now it is literally
covered in bright yellow, deliciously fragrant tiny flowers.

Hopefully by now everyone in enjoying warm weather!  I have been doing a bit of gardening, mostly planting herbs and some vegetable seeds to see what will grow well here in our part of New Mexico.  The climate is very different from that of Georgia, much drier and cooler, and I find that I need to water new plants twice a day so that they do not dry up before they have a chance to establish a root system.  Everything I planted should be able to tolerate dry conditions once they become established, but I am sure that many of the herbs that are perennials in Georgia will only be annuals here due to the much colder winters.  Hopefully by next spring I will have a better idea of what to plant, and if the pandemic has eased up by then I will be able to do a lot more landscaping in our yard.

I ended up going into town twice last week, once to pick up a prescription and then again to do my essentials shopping trip.  I could not combine the two trips because I had to get back home quickly after my first trip to pick up my prescription (our pest control person was coming later that morning and I had to meet up with him).  Below is the outfit I wore for that quick trip into town.  I am calling this my Old Navy outfit because both the tee and the jeans I wore are recent purchases from that establishment.  Both items are lightweight and perfect for the warm weather we are experiencing right now.  I wore another necklace from my collection, a simple white teardrop pendant that I have had since I was a teenager!

Clockwise from top left: J. Crew Women's Vintage Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt in Leopard Print (similar to mine); White Jasper Teardrop Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); HUE Ultrafine Cotton Sock in White (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust (similar to mine); Gap Mid Rise Girlfriend Jeans in Faded Indigo (similar to mine); Madewell Braided Leather Belt in Black (similar to mine).

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

The Old Navy boyfriend jeans are currently my favorite jeans ever!  I used to be a big fan of Lee jeans, but then the company changed the style and fit of their jeans and, even worse, switched to a denim that was not 100% cotton.  I find that stretch cotton jeans do not breathe well at higher temperatures, making me feel too hot, and I am not a fan.  I decided to give the Old Navy jeans a try because they are 100% cotton and also inexpensive, and I got them on sale for about half price.  The fit of jeans is always iffy for me, but these fit me perfectly!  I also love the look of faded denim (I know that most women would rather wear dark denim, but I do not like that shade).  I now own five pairs of these Old Navy boyfriend jeans - I hope that this style never changes, and that they will be around forever!  I have also recently found 100% cotton Lee jeans that are a medium weight and I like them for cooler weather.  Thank goodness the makers of jeans are giving us back the option of all cotton denim!

I may or may not make a trip to town this week, but even if I do not I will do a post of the second outfit I wore to town last week.  Have a great Sunday - if it is a gorgeous day and you decide to get out and about, remember social distancing and wear a mask if necessary!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment