May 4th is National Herb Day!

Friday, May 8, 2020

Foodie Fridays: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Asian Peanut Sauce


I know several people who just do not care for whole wheat pasta (my husband and sister are among them), but I happen to prefer it to white flour pasta.  When I saw the recipe for Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce on the Olla-Podrida blog, I knew that I had to try it with some whole wheat spaghetti I had on hand.  I made a few minor changes to the peanut sauce (used sweet chili sauce instead of chili garlic paste, omitted the brown sugar because the chili sauce is sweet, and added some minced ginger) but the basic recipe is excellent.  I replaced the julienned radish with zucchini because I had the latter but not the former (cucumber would also be a great substitute).  This recipe is so quick, easy, and delicious that I know I will be making it over and over again, of course using whole wheat pasta!

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Asian Peanut Sauce

8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/4-1/3 C. hot water
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. fresh lime juice
1 T.. sweet chili sauce*
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. minced ginger
1/2 C. julienned zucchini
1/2 C. sliced scallions

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.  While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl until smooth.

Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce.  Toss until well coated, adding hot water as needed to loosen the sauce so it distributes easily over the noodles.  Toss in the zucchini and scallions.  Serve warm.  Serves 4.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment