Sunday, May 3, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #16

Spring wildflowers are starting to bloom in profusion here now.

It is hot in New Mexico!  We had record or near record highs all last week, which meant that I got to wear what I consider summer clothing for my essentials shopping trip into town on Friday.  I almost never wear very light-colored clothes, but I really felt the need to don items that would reflect rather than absorb heat, so cream-colored all-cotton ankle jeans and a very lightweight cotton tee in an off-white print were my choices.  Somehow I even managed to avoid stains!  For the first time in months I did not need a second top layer of any sort, and I did not even feel the need to wear socks.  I did accessorize with another necklace from my collection, a short and very lightweight one made of shell fragments that I purchased in Puerto Rico so many years ago I do not even remember what decade it was!


The only jarring note (which you will not see here) was the mask I wore.  I recently purchased some disposable masks from Costa Industries on a recommendation from my sister - they are filter masks almost as good as the ones health care workers wear but are not rated for that purpose.  They are relatively comfortable and have an adjustable nose piece, but imagine my surprise when I unpacked one and discovered that it was a very bright green (the image on the website, incidentally, shows a white mask)!  Oh well, it did the job well so I am not complaining too much.  Below is my outfit, without mask:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Natural Inspirations Printed Tee in Canyon Rose; DK Hawaiian Collections Rose Clam Shell Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Croft & Barrow Adagio Women's Boat Shoes in Ivory; Mango Mom Relaxed Jeans in White (no longer available).

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

This week is supposed to be just as hot and dry as last week.  Luckily I do not have to shop for essentials until next week, and I hope it will cool down to more normal temperatures by then so that I can actually wear a spring outfit.  Have a great day no matter what sort of weather you are experiencing!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment