May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #17

Our backyard bunny (actually a black-tailed jackrabbit).
Our backyard bunny photobombed by a bird (probably a Say's phoebe).

Before I describe my outfit of the week I thought I would introduce you to our backyard bunny, who is actually a jackrabbit!  Lately he has been enjoying the spring plant growth in our yard, and I often see him out there very early in the morning.  We also have a resident pasture bunny (a cottontail, but I am not sure what species) who shares the space with my horse.  He is not very afraid of me, and if I ever remember to bring my phone out to the pasture I should be able to photograph him as well!

Now on to my outfit of the week.  I had not planned to go into town last week as it was not my week to shop, but one of my car tires seemed more deflated than the others so I took it in to get it checked.  It was indeed very low on air, so I will be watching it closely to see if it deflates again and will take it in to get it fixed if it does.  Since I was in town anyway I did a bit of shopping, mostly gardening supplies as well as some electrical tools because I have a couple of electrical repairs that I will be attempting on my own due to the coronavirus (I would rather not have people coming into the house if I can fix things myself).  It was a very mild and pleasant day so I was able to wear warm weather clothing.  I recently bought a fun t-shirt from Old Navy that features a cute avocado print, and it became the basis of my outfit selections:



The tiny avocados feature pits in the center in shades of rust and orange, so rusty shades were my color choices for the rest of the outfit, except for the socks which are the ivory hue of the t-shirt base color.  I wore another necklace from my vast collection, this one made of simple bamboo tube beads which, like last week's necklace, was purchased in Puerto Rico decades ago:

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy EveryWear Printed V-Neck Tee for Women in Light Avocado; Bamboo Tube Beads NecklaceGreat American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); We Love Colors Knee Highs in Ivory (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust (similar to mine); Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Roasted Chestnut (color no longer available); Brooks Brothers Women's Suede Whip-Stitched Waist Belt in Copper (similar to mine).

🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰

I hope all of you mothers out there had a great Mother's Day, and that you got to wear a special outfit, even if you had to shelter in place!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment