May 4th is National Herb Day!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #3

Land's End Women's Cashmere V-Neck Sweater in Camellia Donegal

My third outfit of the week for 2020 was inspired by a hot pink cashmere sweater I own.  I paired it with a navy blue turtleneck and my usual jeans for a casual and comfortable outfit for running errands in town.  Even though pink and navy are not my preferred colors, I have had both the sweater and the turtleneck for years.  They are still in good shape and fit quite well and I am reluctant to get rid of them, so I will continue to keep and wear them until they no longer work for me.  Navy is a color that does not complement my warm medium-tone complexion, but the hot pink near my face predominates and is a better color choice for me than pastel pinks.  Here is the outfit I wore last week:

Clockwise from top left: Land's End Women's Cashmere V-Neck Sweater in Camellia Donegal (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Primaloft Packaway Jacket in Black; MichellesShellcraft Hand Carved All Horse Multicolored Fetish Nacklace on Etsy (similar to mine); Bombas Women's Classic Marled Calf Socks in Marled Navy; Dr. Scholl's Women's Wide Width Marci Gel-Pac Zippered Loafers in Black (no longer available); Red Kap Women's Straight Fit Jean (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Pima Cotton Turtleneck in Raven Blue (similar to my much older version).

The necklace is similar to one my husband just gave me for Christmas, and is a perfect choice for a day in Santa Fe.  Up until a couple of days ago we have been having our January thaw with mild dry days, so I wore my lighter-weight winter coat.  Two days ago we returned to winter weather - it snowed all day and well into the night.  Yesterday it was foggy almost all day and last night was windy and cold, so I think our January thaw is over!  I hope you are enjoying whatever weather you are encountering in your neck of the woods.

Next week I will post one more outfit of the week, but the following week I intend to get back to creating more complete wardrobe posts, based on a unique sweater I have been coveting and recently purchased at an after-Christmas sale price (oh how I love a good bargain!).  Life is beginning to settle into a more predictable routine, which makes planning posts a whole lot easier!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment