May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #2

White Stag Paisley Print Long Sleeve Top

This week's outfit, inspired like last week by another White Stag long-sleeved top, was worn last Sunday when my husband and I finally made a trip to the Santa Fe plaza for a bit of sightseeing and shopping.  This historic heart of downtown Santa Fe is a tourist mecca, and is full of excellent restaurants, shops, and historic locations, all within relatively easy walking distance (although parking can sometimes be a problem, there are parking garages, and street parking is free on Sundays!).  I will describe this fun outing in another post later this week, but here is the outfit I wore that day:

Clockwise from top left: J. Crew Women's Cotton V-Neck Sweater in Black (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Primaloft Packaway Jacket in Black; James Avery Twisted Wire Link Necklace with Turquoise (similar to my much less expensive faux turquoise one); Bomba's Women's Merino Wool Calf Socks in Black; Dr. Scholl's Women's Wide Width Marci Gel-Pac Zippered Loafers in Black (no longer available); L.L. Bean Women's Performance Stretch Slim Jeans in Black Plum (similar to mine); White Stag Paisley Print Long Sleeve Top (no longer available).

As mentioned in the outfit description, my necklace is a very inexpensive one made of faux turquoise and silver.  Even though I paid less than $20 for it, this necklace is one of my favorites, and I found it quite by chance.  I was at a feed store in Georgia to pick up some supplies for my horse.  I made my purchases and was on my way out the door when a sudden violent storm sprang up.  Not having an umbrella with me, I decided to wait out the storm at the front of the store.  While waiting, I happened to glance at a display case next to me, noticed this little necklace, and was immediately smitten.  I took a closer look and saw that the price was quite reasonable, so back to the register I went to add a new piece of jewelry to my collection.  I now wear this necklace more than any other piece of jewelry I own!

This past week has been extremely busy as I have been putting new furniture together, getting ready to host some neighbors for dinner over the weekend, and gearing up for my husband's departure back to Georgia in a few days.  I plan to get back to posting as usual this week, and of course there will be another outfit of the week included!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment