May 4th is National Herb Day!

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #1

White Stag Long Sleeve Turtleneck Shirt

Until I have a bit more free time, I have decided to put together brief Weekend Wardrobe posts of a favorite outfit I wore for the week rather than more extensive wardrobe ensembles.  This week's outfit is one I wore to lunch at the Boxcar, where my husband and I met his second cousin and her husband for lunch (for some reason several women that my husband has known over the years have decided to retire to Santa Fe, just like us, and we have been getting together with them over the past couple of weeks before he has to return to Georgia).

The turtleneck top above was the inspiration for this outfit.  I love tops that feature animal designs (as opposed to animal prints like leopard, although I have nothing against these patterns).  The above turtleneck features little polar bears in bright red scarves and hats, as well as tiny white snowflakes and pine trees, so it is seasonal without being too much of a holiday print.  I added a bright red pullover sweater with a deep V-neck and comfortable jeans, plus heathered red wool socks for warmth and sturdy shoes with good tread to deal with snow and ice.  I tend not to add accessories like jewelry to an outfit like this one since there is already enough bulk and the print of the top adds enough interest at the neckline.

Clockwise from top left: Faded Glory V-Neck Sweater in Red (similar to mine, which is no longer available); Calvin Klein Packable Down Hooded Long Puffer Coat in Shine Wine (similar to mine, which is more of a deep red color but is no longer available); Wigwam El Pine Socks in Red Heather (very similar to mine); Dr. Scholl's Women's Wide Width Marci Gel-Pac Zippered Loafers in Black (no longer available); Red Kap Women's Straight Fit Jean (similar to mine); White Stag Long-Sleeved Turtleneck Shirt in Light Blue Polar Bear Print (no longer available).

Since it was a rather cold day, I wore my new coat (found at the local TJ Maxx) in a lovely deep red shade that is down-filled and rated to temperatures down to 0 degrees!  The Boxcar is a relaxed sports bar setting, so this casual and fun outfit felt like just the right choice.  We had an excellent lunch and great conversation with my husband's relatives, so overall it was the perfect way to spend a chilly winter afternoon.  This retirement lifestyle is looking better and better all the time!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment