April 29th is International Dance Day!

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: What I Wore for Our Trip to New Mexico

A rather snowy view of mountains from our new house (we have a
360-degree view of mountains from our property, and we need to learn
the names of all the mountain ranges!).

We had a whirlwind trip to New Mexico last week.  We managed to accomplish everything on our list, but my advice is that, unless you have no other choice, do not travel by air during spring break week!  The airports were so crowded, especially in Atlanta but even in Albuquerque, because skiing is popular in New Mexico at this time of year.  Also, rental cars are in very high demand over spring break, but luckily we made our reservations well in advance so we were able to avoid waiting in the long line of people trying to rent a car.

Once we got away from the crowds and to our new house in Santa Fe, we were able to relax and truly enjoy the beauty of our future home state.  The weather was a lot colder and snowier than Georgia, so I packed warm clothes.  I also brought my warmest and tallest winter boots to leave at the house, since I don't need them in Georgia and they are necessary in New Mexico.  As usual, our travel plans were more utilitarian than glamorous, and my mostly-jeans-and-tee-shirts wardrobe reflected that.

Here is what I wore and carried on the plane:

Clockwise from top left: Uniqlo Women 1*1 Ribbed Cotton V-Neck Long-Sleeve T-Shirt in Navy (similar to mine); Turtle Fur Bang Band Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Headband in Black; L.L. Bean Women's Primaloft Packaway Jacket in Black; L7 Enterprises Zuni Channel Inlay Turquoise Bracelet (similar to mine); Southcombe Mabel Warm Lined Leather Gloves in Black (similar to mine); Olivia + Joy Zap Zoom Tote in Black (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; GANT Women's Ribbed Socks in Navy (similar to mine); Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Slim-Leg Leggings in Spice (no longer available); Center: Skyway Tieton Carry-On Spinner Luggage in Blue Paisley.

And here are the items I packed for the trip:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Wild Horses Sweatshirt in Navy (no longer available); Duluth Trading Company Women's Longtail T Long Sleeve Crew Neck T-Shirt in White (similar to mine); Fair Indigo Tey-Art Niobara Intarsia Alpaca Fair Trade Cardigan (no longer available); Premise Studio Short Sleeve Sweater in Blue; Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Roasted Chestnut; Bombas Women's Merino Wool Calf Socks in Marled Navy; No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Denim Blue; Hanes Women's ComfortBlend Fleece Sweatpants in Navy Heather (no longer available); Propet Women's Madison Mid Zip Boots in Black (no longer available); TopShop Autumn High Rise Mom Jeans in Light Blue (similar to mine); Duluth Trading Company Women's Longtail T Long Sleeve Crew Neck T-Shirt in Black (similar to mine); Center left: Coldwater Creek Pinwale Stretch Corduroys in Rust (color no longer available); Center right, top to bottom: Nautica Men's Fair Isle Sweater in Navy (similar to mine); Land's End Women's Long Sleeve Crew Sweatshirt in Pewter Heather (similar to mine); Land's End Women's Relaxed V-Neck Supima Cotton Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Charcoal Heather (similar to mine).

Because we spent a lot of time doing small chores around the house, I ended up not wearing my corduroy pants, choosing to wear my blue jeans for two days in a row instead.  I always wear two pairs of socks (the thin crew socks plus the wool socks) when it is very cold and my feet stay toasty warm.  The heavy boots were packed in one of the two checked bags we brought which contained a lot of small items we wanted to leave at the house.  We brought these bags back empty (the duffel bag inside of the big suitcase) for future trips.  My husband is a frequent flyer so he gets two checked bags for free, which was really nice as there is at minimum a $100 charge for everyone else's bags!

The sweatpants and sweatshirt were my sleeping apparel, and much needed for the chilly nights.  I wore the one short-sleeved top I brought on the flight home, since it was much warmer in Georgia that day (the cardigan was worn in New Mexico and then stuffed into my roomy tote bag once we were on the plane).  All in all, only the corduroy pants were not worn, and I was able to fit all of my wardrobe into carry-on bags, so I think I am really getting my packing strategy down!

⛇⛈⛆⛆⛇⛈💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

We are so excited to have found the perfect home for our retirement!  Hopefully the next time we get to New Mexico the snow will be gone and we can finally get a good look at our property without a snow covering (although it certainly is pretty).  Some time this week I plan to put together a post with more pictures of our place, although I have to warn you that I am a poor photographer so don't expect Architectural Digest-quality images!

A view of distant mountains from inside the entry gate, just past the
walkway leading to the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment