April 29th is International Dance Day!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

On the Homefront: Westward Ho!

Our new home is located off the Turquoise Trail on the outskirts of
Santa Fe, and the location is gorgeous as well as convenient to town
(image from Travel Sonata in C-Major).

I will be taking about a week off from blogging for another trip to New Mexico.  This time we are off to spend some time at our NEW HOME!  Yes, we did indeed finally close on our New Mexico house, and I couldn't be more excited!  It will be a while before we move there permanently, so for now it is a second home, but if all goes as planned I will move in the fall and my husband will follow about six months later (he wants to work one more year before he officially retires).

The animals will be coming with me, so I have to start looking into finding all the necessities I will need for them (farrier, horse and dog vets, pet food/horse food sources, getting the property fencing repaired/modified where needed, etc.).  We also have to familiarize ourselves with the house's mechanics, make sure all utilities are set up, and get to know where all essential resources (bank, grocery store, doctor, dentist, eye doctor, etc.) are located.  Attending to these details is particularly daunting because we live so far away right now, but it will get done eventually and then we can really start to enjoy our new location!

If I have time I will try to take photos and post them to my blog when I return.  See you next week some time, and have a happy St. Patrick's Day!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment