April 24th is International Guide Dog Day!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wish List Wednesdays: Clothes with a Conscience from Fair Indigo


While searching for interesting apparel for my fashion posts this month, I came across the Fair Indigo site, which features stylish clothing and accessories from around the world (including the USA) made from sustainable material by people who receive fair treatment and compensation for their work.  Some of their cool-weather items are one sale right now, and I fell in love with a couple of pieces in particular:


The Tey-Art Niobrara Intarsia Alpaca Fair Trade Cardigan (on sale for $159.99) is knitted by artisans in the Peruvian Andes.  It has an almost Southwestern-looking design in my preferred color palette of warm and bright autumnal hues.  I have always wanted an alpaca sweater, and I decided that this one is perfect for me.  The sale price is about $40 below the original amount, but the size selection is limited.


The Asian Eye Ameya Fair Trade Silk Scarf (on sale for $89.99) is hand woven by women in Delhi, India.  An intricate floral motif of 100% silk jacquard is similar in color to the alpaca sweater, but in more muted shades.  The scarf measures 27"x76", and has 3-inch fringe at each end.  The sale price is about $30 less than the original price, and this accessory would help brighten up my basically all solid-colored wardrobe.

There are several other Fair Indigo pieces that I would love to own, but the prices are not inexpensive so I will pace myself and acquire them gradually over time as needed!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment