Saturday, December 22, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: What I Wore for My Family Holiday Visit

From Genetic Literacy Project

I really do think I am getting better at packing for trips!  Last week I traveled to Pennsylvania for four days to visit family and celebrate a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  As usual, I knew I would be engaging in a variety of activities, from helping my brother clean his barn to roasting a turkey and enjoying a holiday meal with my family at my sister's new house.  The apparel I took was casual and comfortable, but also stylish enough for travel and celebrations.  I did have a few too many warm items (the weather was surprisingly mild for Pennsylvania in December), but overall I did not overpack and wore almost everything I brought.

Here is the outfit I wore on the plane:

Clockwise from top left: Oatmeal heather long sleeve tee (similar here); Fair Indigo Tey-Art  Niobara Intarsia Alpaca Fair Trade Cardigan (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Columbia Lake 22 Hooded Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Olivia + Joy Zap Zoom Tote in Black (no longer available); American Tourister Aerospin 21" Spinner Carry On Suitcase in Red; Sorel Women's Whitney Camp Boots in Black; L.L. Bean Women's Relaxed Fit Double L Jeans in Rinsed Wash (similar to mine).

My Sorel camp boots were the only shoes I brought with me other than a pair of lightweight indoor slippers that are always in my suitcase, and they worked out perfectly (I keep a pair of barn boots at my brother's house for barn chores so I do not have to bring any with me).  They are very comfortable and warm without being too hot for indoor wear.  Similarly, my puffer jacket is lightweight but warm enough for all but the most frigid temperatures.

These are the clothes that I packed:

Clockwise from top left: Turtle Fur Bang Band Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Headband (color no longer available); Blair Better-Than-Basic Sweatshirt in Coral Almond (color similar to mine); Southcombe Mabel Warm Lined Leather Gloves in Black (similar to mine); Chocolate brown long sleeve tee (similar here); Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Slim-Leg Leggings in Spice (no longer available); Target Women's Crew Socks in Brown and Beige; Bombas Women's Merino Wool Calf Socks in Midnight; Blair Fleece Pants in Indigo (similar to mine); Zapa Women's Angora Breathable Sweater (similar to mine but mine is beige); Coldwater Creek Pinwale Stretch Corduroys in Brown; Oatmeal heather long sleeve tee; Center top: Coldwater Creek PrimaKnit Crew Neck Tee in Slate Blue (color similar to mine); Center bottom: Oatmeal heather long sleeve tee.

You may have noticed that I packed three long sleeve tees in the same color.  I happen to have three in oatmeal heather (two identical, one similar) and the color worked with all of the pants that I brought, so I decided to pack them all (I wore two of them).  Other than the one tee, the only other item I did not wear was the angora sweater, which I intended to wear at our holiday dinner but the weather was too warm to need it.  I wore the sweat pants for sleeping, and the sweatshirt served double duty.  Mine is an old one that I wear for barn chores, but I also used it as an apron substitute when I was cooking, as my sister had no aprons and I often do wear my old sweatshirts while cooking!

🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅🍗🍷🎅

Despite the fact that it rained the whole time I was in Pennsylvania, the trip was enjoyable, family members were relatively well-behaved, and it was good to see everyone together again.  My sister intends to host annual Fourth of July family gatherings at her new house starting next year, so I will be returning then if not sooner.  At least I think I know how to pack for these trips now!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment