Friday, December 28, 2018

Foodie Fridays: Cheesy Roasted Green Beans


I normally eat cooked green beans plain, but every once in a while I like to indulge in tastier versions.  I found a recipe for Cheesy Roasted Green Beans online and thought it sounded perfect for a dreary winter day, so I gave them a try.  I served them with a plain roasted chicken breast, and they turned a simple meal into a flavorful and satisfying repast.  This recipe is both easy to make and delicious to eat, so I know that I will be serving it often!

Cheesy Roasted Green Beans

8 oz. green beans, trimmed
2 T. olive oil
1 T. shredded Parmesan
1 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
1/4 tsp. salt
pepper to taste (optional)
2/3 C. shredded cheese (I used a cheddar-mozzarella blend)

Lightly grease a baking sheet or pan (I prefer to use a baking pan as sheet pans have a tendency to warp in my oven).  Arrange the green beans on the pan in a single layer.  In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, Parmesan, garlic, and salt (and pepper if using).  Drizzle over the beans and toss to coat evenly.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until tender-crisp and bright green.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.  Return to the oven and cook about five minutes longer until the cheese melts and becomes golden.  Serve immediately.  Serves 2-3.

Note: My oven runs hot, so I decreased the temperature to 400 degrees from the 425 degrees suggested in the original recipe.  The original recipe also suggests broiling the beans after adding the shredded cheese, but this was too hot in my oven so next time I will just keep the temperature set at 400 degrees to melt the cheese.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment