Monday, December 17, 2018

Mystery Mondays: Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie

From Facsimile Dust Jackets LLC

The Christmas mystery for this week is Hercule Poirot's Christmas, a novel by Dame Agatha Christie first published in 1938.  Hercule Poirot finds himself investigating the murder of an elderly millionaire during a family Christmas gathering.  There is no lack of suspects as the old man was universally disliked by his family, but the method of murder is rather ingenious and solving the case will require all of the great detective's "little gray cells".  You can listen to an audio version adapted for radio on YouTube,



or watch a film adaptation from the British television series Agatha Christie's Poirot (slightly modified from the original story), also on YouTube:


I hope your family holiday gathering is merrier than the one celebrated by the Lee family!


I just realized I linked to the wrong audio version earlier, so I have corrected my mistake, but I am leaving the Agatha Christie short story "A Christmas Tragedy" (1932) featuring Miss Marple (and read by the delightful Joan Hickson) in this post as a Christmas bonus!
                

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! Coincidentally I am listening to this audiobook at the moment. I do love Christmas mysteries, particularly when they’re British.

    ReplyDelete