Thursday, December 27, 2018

This 'n That Thursdays: Winter Comfort and Joy

From LoveThisPic

The next couple of months are usually our coldest and bleakest of the year here in Georgia.  Before the holiday season ends, I thought I would post some images of seasonal comfort and joy to remind myself that cozy pleasures do exist at this time of the year, exactly because of the wintry conditions.  I hope that these pictures will conjure warm feelings for you as they do for me!

A snug little cabin in the wintry woods
(from The Everygirl).

A crackling fireplace in a cozy rustic living room
(from House & Home).

Snug as a bug on a rug with blankets
(from 87Designs).

A warm and beautiful Fair Isle sweater
(from Dayana Knits).

Ready for a long winter's nap
(from chirad.info).

Lots of pine-scented candles to light
(from 87Designs).

A comfortable little reading corner
(from Dell Food & Design).

A brisk winter walk with dogs
(from The Telegraph).

A warm spot to huddle outdoors
(from Indagare).

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

I hope you have discovered your own ways to find comfort and joy even in the depths of winter.  We will soon be putting a few of ours to the test, as we leave for New Mexico right after New Year's Day and it promises to be a frigid (but hopefully not snowy) four days.  I will be packing my warmest sweaters and cozying up to as many fireplaces as we can find!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment