April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: Starting with a Five-Piece Basic Black and White Wardrobe

I do have a special fondness for black and white!
(from The Blissful Dog)

To kick off the beginning of my winter holiday cold weather wardrobe posts, today I am going to do something different.  Instead of the usual 4x4 basic wardrobe followed by an accessories post, I will start with a wardrobe of five basic pieces plus five accessories - a sort of 2x5 collection, I guess.  Black and white are as basic as it gets when it comes to fashion colors, and I have not done this combination yet, so let's start there.  Here are the five apparel items I selected:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Anytime Easy Care Tunic in Black/White; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve V-Neck Super-Soft Shrink-Free Tee in White; Land's End Women's Mid Rise Pull On Skinny Jeans in Black; L.L. Bean Women's Favorite Fit Wrinkle-Free Bayside Pants in Black; Center: J. Crew Everyday Cashmere Cardigan Sweater in Black.

And now for the five accessory pieces:

Clockwise from top left: Stella McCartney Women's Printed Silk Scarf in Black; Tory Burch Block T Leather Crossbody Bag in Black; Chico's Remi Silver-Tone Link Necklace; Madewell Leather Elinor Loafer in True Black; Center: H&M Leather Belt in Black/Silver.

This is going to be a picture-heavy post because I am going to go through all of the apparel combinations possible with just the five pieces shown in the wardrobe image, so let's get started!







The shoes, purse, and belt will go with all twelve apparel combinations.  Even more combinations are possible when the scarf or necklace is included (I would not wear both together because I think it would be too much, but that's just me!).  The necklace can be added to any of the twelve outfits.  While I would only add the scarf to the outfits that do not include the print shirt, others may be inclined to combine the different prints, which would expand the possibilities even more.  That's a lot of mileage out of just five clothing and five accessories items!

⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

Next week I will take the five apparel items and expand the collection to create a 4x4 basic wardrobe, and of course an expanded accessories collection will follow the week after.  I also intend to stick with this basic black and white theme for the holidays, where I can finally add some color (and maybe even some Dalmatian-themed apparel as well?).

From PortForLio
             
             

No comments:

Post a Comment