April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: Late Fall Weekend Visit with a Friend Travel Wardrobe

From Auto Service Costs

Last weekend I made a long overdue visit to a dear friend for her birthday.  The trip included a spa morning, a matinee movie, a delicious dinner at a farm-to-table restaurant, and a casual birthday brunch with her relatives and other friends before the drive back home.  We had so much fun that I am vowing not to wait so long for my next visit!  The trip inspired me to put together a travel wardrobe for a future longer visit, based on my current fascination with a navy and orange color combination, which I consider to be great hues for fall.  Here is the outfit to wear in transit:

Clockwise from top left: Stio Women's Sweetwater Fleece Cowl in Rooibos Tea; Dubarry Carra Jacket in Navy; Tommy Hilfiger Signature Pebble Leather Crossbody Bag in Tommy Navy; U.S. Traveler San Severo Carry-On Rolling Luggage and Backpack Set in Orange Plaid; COACH Mary Lock Up Pebbled Grain Leather Loafers in Midnight Navy; Cleo Navy Plaid Leggings.

And here is the rest of the wardrobe to pack:

Clockwise from top left: H&M Rib-Knit Sweater in Orange; Duluth Trading Company Women's S'no Sweat Performance Mock Neck Sweater in Cayenne; J. Crew Clare Cardigan in Navy; Cabela's Women's Cobble Creek Long-Sleeve Shirt in Lava Orange Plaid; Land's End Women's Sport Corduroy Leggings in True Navy; Hobo Vida Clutch in Persimmon; The Company Store Women's Flannel 2-Piece Classic Pajamas in Polar Bear; Autenticas Botas Women's Desert Boots in Baroque Orange; L.L. Bean Women's Favorite Fit Wrinkle-Free Bayside Pants in Khaki; J. Crew Tissue Turtleneck T-Shirt in Navy; Center: L.L. Bean Women's Signature Cotton Jersey Henley in Navy.

Since I always like to bring one piece of jewelry with me when I travel, I thought this polar bear bracelet would pick up nicely on the theme from the cute pajamas:

Pat Pearlman Designs Polar Bear Bracelet

💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎💅🔎

A "creepy toes" photo (I don't know why my feet look purple!).

If you are planning a girlfriends gathering, I can highly recommend copper-colored nail polish for your toes (I think mine is the OPI shade called Worth a Pretty Penne), and the movie "Murder on the Orient Express" (2017) for your entertainment. Please do not listen to the critics when it comes to this movie - for some reason most of them cannot get past Hercule Poirot's mustache!  If you want my opinion, the cinematography is spectacular (well worth seeing on the big screen), Kenneth Branagh is very good as Poirot, and the ensemble cast is excellent - do not bring any preconceived expectations to this film and you will enjoy it.  (For the record, I just watched the 1974 version for comparison and did not find it to be better than the new film as many critics have been claiming.)  I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment