April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: Casual Weekend Getaway Travel Wardrobe

From DeviantArt

I love the idea of taking off on a fall long weekend getaway to a relaxing destination, with no particular agenda in mind except some stress-free relaxation time.  I would seek out a quiet rural setting where I could take long walks and spend some time reading a good book with no interruptions from phones, televisions, or even computers.  The wardrobe I would pack would include soothing colors that would be comfortable if I decided to spend my time in solitude but look good if I chose to go out in public.  Let's start with an example of the apparel I would wear on the way to my destination (all items in this collection are from the Backcountry website):

Clockwise from top left: Toad&Co Women's Marley Long-Sleeve T-Shirt in Black; Lucy Destination Everywhere Scarf in Rich Olive Palm Print; Will Leather Goods Cirrus Saddlebag in Black; Free People Women's Ribby Rib Cardi in Moss; Teva Willow Chelsea Shoes in Black; Free People Women's Easy Goes It Leggings in Moss.

Here are the items that I would pack in that lovely and unique pine cone print duffel bag:

Clockwise from top left: Filson Women's Light Geelong T-Neck Sweater in Charcoal; Free People Women's Take Over Me V-Neck Sweater in Black; White + Warren Women's Flounce Open Crewneck Shirt in White; Prana Women's Briann Pants in Black; Kavu Women's Hadley Shirt in Pine Cones; Ibex Shae Dress in Black; Seychelles Footwear Snare Boots in Black Leather; Kavu Women's Long-Sleeve Ingrid Shirt in Stormy; Prana Women's Sage Jogger Pants in Black; Center: Kavu Barrel Roll Duffel Bag in Pine Cones.

Jewelry - I almost forgot jewelry!  Since the duffel bag and one shirt have a pine cone design and the scarf has a palm print that looks almost like a fern leaf, I think this necklace and earrings set would be perfect:

Spruce Mountain Designs Sterling Silver Pine Cone & Fern Necklace and Earrings

And should the weather happen to be especially chilly for fall, a jacket like this one would keep just about anyone toasty warm:

Mountain Hardwear Women's Micro Ratio Hooded Down Jacket in Stone Green

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

I hope you all have a lovely autumn weekend, whether you get away from home or not!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment