April 17th is International Bat Appreciation Day!

Friday, October 7, 2016

Foodie Fridays: Many Bean Salad


This recipe for Many Bean Salad was inspired by the photo shown above.  When I first discovered this image, the site had no link to a recipe, so I decided to create my own based on the ingredients I could discern upon close inspection.  Not long after I put together my version of this salad, I discovered the original photo site, which did indeed include a recipe, but I decided that I really liked my own creation!  You can change up the ingredients any way you like and it should be just as good.  It is certainly full of healthy ingredients and makes a great side dish or even a light meal.

Many Bean Salad

8 oz. slender green beans (haricots verts), cooked and cut into thirds
1 C. frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) field peas, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, rinsed and drained
2 pints small heirloom, cherry, or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 C. chopped fresh parsley
1 C. bottled red wine vinaigrette (or make your own)

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl in the order listed and toss to coat completely with the vinaigrette.  Chill until ready to serve.  Serves 12.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment