Sunday, November 29, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #43

Time to replace my lovely autumnal wreath from Lynch Creek Farm with one more suitable for winter!

Last week was very quiet around here, and I did not go into town at all so there was no need to dress up.  I did wear slightly less casual apparel (i.e., nicer than barn clothes!) for Thanksgiving, so that is the outfit that I am sharing today.  When the weather turns cold I most often wear a sweatshirt, long-sleeved tee, jeans, wool socks, and warm slippers around the house.  My Thanksgiving outfit was pretty much the same except that I decided to wear corduroy pants and a "nicer" sweatshirt and tee, which are still too new to wear for barn chores:

Clockwise from top left: Indian Believes Ethnic Horse Sweatshirt in Camel (color modified slightly to resemble my much less expensive version); L.L. Bean Women's Perfect Fit Knit Cords in Black Coffee (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Daybreak Scuffs in Graphite/Puffin (design no longer available); L.L. Bean Women's Scoopneck Long-Sleeve Organic Cotton Tee in Natural (similar to mine); Center: Bombas Women's Merino Wool Calf Socks in Oatmeal.

🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄🎄🎅⛄

I highly recommend both the L.L. Bean scuffs and the Bombas wool socks for keeping your feet warm on cold wintry days.  An added bonus is that for every pair of socks sold Bombas will donate a pair to a homeless shelter, so each pair you buy will keep your feet warm as well as the feet of someone less fortunate - they are a great Christmas gift!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration, even if you decided to avoid large family gatherings.

Now it is time to turn my thoughts to the upcoming Christmas/ Hanukkah/Winter Solstice season, which will also be a solitary celebration here, but at least I can make the house look festive and bring out the seasonal apparel.  I do highly recommend the wreaths from Lynch Creek Farm, which arrive fresh and oh-so-fragrant with the scent of evergreens - they have so many designs to choose from, although they are selling out of some of them fast.  Have a great week, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment