May 4th is National Herb Day!

Friday, November 6, 2020

Foodie Fridays: Quick Avocado Toast Dinner

I tend to be reluctant to buy fresh avocados because I rarely remember to use them before they start to go bad.  Recently I discovered prepackaged diced avocado which can be stored in the fridge for a while until needed.  I gave it a try and it is actually pretty good.  I used this prepackaged avocado in a recipe from the Yoga International website for a Quick Avocado Toast Dinner.  While the recipe is almost identical to one I posted for Avocado Toast, there are some minor differences which I consider to be improvements (the addition of hummus, fried eggs instead of hard-boiled).  I enjoyed this meal so much I had it again the next day.  Sometimes I am just in the mood to have breakfast for dinner, and this quick and simple recipe really satisfies that craving!

Quick Avocado Toast Dinner

1/2 avocado (or 1/2 package diced avocado)
salt and pepper to taste
1 T. butter
2 eggs
2 slices bread
3 T. hummus (I used this brand)
arugula or other baby greens
everything bagel seasoning or smoked paprika

If using fresh avocado, mash together the avocado, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.  Set aside.

Heat 1/2 T. butter in a small pan and fry the eggs.  While the eggs are frying, toast the bread.

Spread each piece of toast with the remaining butter.  Top with the avocado and hummus.  Place a few leaves of greens over the hummus and top with an egg.  Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning or smoked paprika.  Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment