Sunday, November 22, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #42

Poor little Madison!

I did not think I would be going in to town at all last week, but of course life never turns out as planned!  My poor dog Madison was still not recovered from her painful left hip issue even after two weeks, so I decided to take her to the vet and have the hip x-rayed.  It turns out that she has a bone spur in her hip joint which will always be a problem from now on, and will eventually lead to arthritis in that hip.  The vet recommended that she mostly be walked on a leash from now on, with occasional off-leash activity which will give her pain but which my Madison could not live without (she loves to run and it would be cruel to prevent her from running completely).  She was prescribed pain medication to be given sparingly as needed.  Many years ago I developed a bone spur on one of the vertebrae in my neck.  The orthopedist told me I had one of two options - have surgery done which would immediately relieve the pain but would result in restricted movement, or wait until the irritated nerve endings died from the constant rubbing on the bone spur, which would also stop the pain.  I opted for the latter and it worked, so maybe if Madison is lucky the same will happen for her.

Since I had to go in to town to take Madison to the vet, I decided to run the few errands that I had intended to do next week.  We are currently in lockdown thanks to the rather rapid surge in COVID-19 cases here.  This means that only essential businesses are open, and even those must close for two weeks if they have too many coronavirus cases among their employees (both of our local Walmarts have closed, fortunately not simultaneously, as well as our Target store).  Since only a limited number of customers are allowed in the stores at a time, we are once again waiting in line for our turn to shop.  I knew this would be happening so I allowed myself plenty of time to shop at only two stores.  It was indeed slow going, since even those who are not planning to celebrate Thanksgiving with extended family were still shopping for special ingredients for their smaller celebrations.  Everyone was very good about wearing masks and social distancing, but a few were rather disgruntled about once again having to wait in line (I do understand their frustration, but luckily most people, myself included, were resigned to being patient for the good of our community).  Anyway, this is the outfit I wore for my one public foray last week:

Clockwise from top left: E.D. Marshall Jewelers Vintage Navajo Handmade White and Brown Shell Heishi Bead Necklace (similar to mine); Ridgeway Fleece Vest in Bark (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Diabetic Women's Crew Socks in Brown; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Rachel Comey Norm Straight-Leg Jeans in Khaki (similar to my much less expensive pair); Silver Western Buckle Skinny Belt in Camel (similar to mine); NE PEOPLE Women's Basic Long Sleeve V Neck Casual T Shirt in Chocolate (similar to mine).

 🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒

Our lockdown is supposed to be over at the end of the month, unless the situation in New Mexico worsens instead of improves or at least holds steady.  Hopefully the number of new COVID-19 cases and in particular the frightening increase in the number of deaths due to the virus in the state will make people think twice about risking exposing themselves and their loved ones to infection, but I have a feeling that cases will keep increasing during this holiday season as it is truly hard for many people to isolate from loved ones during the holidays.  Please everyone, do what you can to keep yourself and others from becoming another statistic during this interminable pandemic.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving however you choose to celebrate, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment