Sunday, November 8, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outift of the Week #40

 

Happy Sunday after Election Day, everyone!  Aren't you glad it is over, and we can move on to other less stressful topics?  Like the weather - the photo above was taken the Tuesday before Halloween (you can just barely see my jack o' lantern in the French door window at the back of the courtyard).  It looks more like perfect Christmas weather!  Fortunately temperatures warmed up again a few days later and our four inches of snow is long gone, although we may get a dusting of snow again tomorrow.  Such is November, as winter slowly attempts to push fall out of the way here.  My two trips into town last week were on fairly mild days so a fleece vest over a long-sleeved t-shirt was warm enough for me. 

I was actually not really planning to go into town at all last week, but my dogs keep having minor health issues so I ended up at the vet's office twice, once to take Madison in after she sprained a hip chasing a bunny (she is now on NSAIDS and leash walks for a week while she heals) and again to pick up more medication for Ruby, who suffers from occasional bouts of clostridial enterotoxicosis which require antibiotics.  I think they both know that they are supposed to go in for a bath this month and are doing their best to come up with ways to avoid the inevitable!

First up is the outfit I wore to take Madison in for her vet exam:

Clockwise from top left: Goldtone Cloisonné Enamel Flower Bell Shape Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Trail Model Fleece Vest in Teal Green Heather (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Denim Blue; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Old Navy Women's Mid-Rise Boyfriend Straight Jeans in Light Wash (sold out); Brooks Brothers Women's Suede Whip-Stitched Waist Belt in Copper (similar to mine); Port & Company Women's Classic Silhouette T-Shirt in Lime Green (color modified to match my similar shirt).

Later in the week I wore this outfit for my second trip back to the vet's office, and to run a few quick errands (for some reason I could only find some items similar to mine in men's clothing, even though mine are women's apparel!):

Clockwise from top left: lilagracejewellery Sterling Silver Personalized Hedgehog Necklace (similar to mine); Ridgeway Fleece Vest in Bark (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Foot Traffic Men's Equine Socks (similar to mine); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Lee Women's High Rise Relaxed Fit Straight Ankle Jean in Compass (similar to mine); Silver Western Buckle Skinny Belt in Camel (similar to mine); Fair Indigo Fair Trade Organic Men's Long Sleeve Crew Neck T-Shirt in Auburn (similar to mine).

🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔🐎🔔

This week promises to be much colder than last week.  It won't be long before I will be breaking out the heavy sweaters and winter coats.  I have to say that I have been enjoying our mild fall after enduring such a hot summer, but I think I am ready for cold weather.  I really need to start thinking about ordering Christmas gifts, and winter temperatures should get me in the mood!  I hope everyone enjoys a slightly less anxiety-filled week, even if you still have to worry about a drastic uptick in COVID-19 cases, like we are seeing here in Santa Fe.  Just keep reminding yourself that things will eventually get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment